ScriptUp - Many scripts, One process

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
Helgef

Re: ScriptUp - Many scripts, One process

22 Mar 2018, 04:40

I was considering adding an interface to execute code on a thread directly
I think that is pretty nice, I did something of that sort (if I understand you correctly) for UCR, quite primitive though (link).

Also, I tested to replace the AutoHotkey_64.dll with the corresponding v2 version, it worked as far as I could tell, but I couldn't pause :think:.

Cheers.
Masonjar13
GitHub: Masonjar13

22 Mar 2018, 14:10

I'll look into adding that then.
Helgef wrote:but I couldn't pause :think:.

shrug I've never tried v2. Though I can't imagine the functions would be different. I downloaded it to see the help file, but I didn't see anything in there related to the DLL's, as there is (exclusively) in the v1 help. If you can figure out the issue, I certainly won't mind adding a fix for it, or even adding "Set DLL: [Std/Mini] v2" options to the menu.
Masonjar13

01 Apr 2018, 20:38

Added code execution for a specified thread (context menu). It's synchronous though and will pause the main process. I think I might offload the entire list object (which includes all threaded scripts) to a child thread, which would also fix the status update problem. It may present other problems though.. I'll test it and see how it works.
Masonjar13

15 Apr 2018, 08:26

Update: fixed error that was happening during first run.
Drugwash wrote:.

Honestly, I feel like such an idiot. :lol: Oh well, it happens. Fixed now. Thanks for the info, by the way!
Larry Yang

15 Apr 2018, 23:52

big help for me, i have 12 scripts thanks
Drugwash

16 Apr 2018, 03:47

Masonjar13 wrote:Update: fixed error that was happening during first run. […]
Thanks for the info, by the way!

You're welcome, glad I could be of help. :thumbup:
I've deleted my CloudMe account because of GDPR - the now legal base for privacy invasion and data theft.
Masonjar13

12 May 2018, 01:41

Hey everyone, I've got some news!

First, I pushed a minor update: you can now right-click scripts in the list and choose "Edit" to have the script open in your default editor (whatever you have set for when you right-click > Edit a script file).

Second, I'm working on a new version. Here's a few of the new features:
  • All scripts will be offloaded to a worker thread, making the main GUI *much* more responsive.
  • There will be a more appealing graphical interface, with actual graphics rather than.. well, just a giant listview box.
  • DLLs will be included by default, though you will still be able to change them.
  • Compiled! I'm going to make it work seamlessly both in script form and executable form, so you can take it on the go!

This will take some time to do, since it's a near-complete rewrite. When it's done, I'll post it as the v1 release on Github. :D
Helgef

12 May 2018, 04:13

Good stuff, I look forward to see the updates. Execute code works well, great for debugging :thumbup:.

Cheers.

Return to “Scripts and Functions”