GUI Font Tool

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
Hellbent

GUI Font Tool

24 Sep 2017, 10:42

I wrote this a few months ago to help with selecting the font options for gui's.

Before I made this script I rarely used anything but the default font, but with this tool I find it much easier to select a font to use on a project.

Notes:

- To use this script you will first need to get the font list from here: https://pastebin.com/uKdFfD1M
then copy it into a .txt file named "Font Family List.txt" saved into the same folder as the script.
When I made the list I only added the default fonts that I had when I got my computer, if you are missing any from my list the script will give you a error when you select
that font. If that happens, just remove that font from the text file and rerun the script.

- If you have fonts that are not on the list you can just add them to the text file

- There are two commented out hotkeys at the bottom of the script that can be used to create a new font list if needed.

- If the font editor is not the active window it will shrink down to about 50x20 pixels in the bottom right corner. I think I did this because I would often have multiple gui's
running at once and this made jumping to the editor quicker. The point is, it can take a few mins to get used to it shrinking.

- If you switch fonts/size/etc too many times the script will crash. When it does, just remember what font options you were at and hit the reload button and continue
from where you were. As far as I have been able to tell, there is nothing else that can be done about this, but after the first few times it happens you will get used to it.

- The script will auto generate the code for your selected font, just copy it and paste it into your script and adjust the "Q" value as needed (1-5)

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Delta Pythagorean

Re: GUI Font Tool

24 Sep 2017, 11:54

Nicely done!
Pairing this with my color tool, and if (and when) I make my AHK command helper and organizer, this little "package" will be highly useful!
Hellbent

Re: GUI Font Tool

24 Sep 2017, 12:15

Delta Pythagorean wrote:Nicely done!
Pairing this with my color tool, and if (and when) I make my AHK command helper and organizer, this little "package" will be highly useful!

I needed a quick way to launch the tools that I have/make so I made my own toolbar for Scite4AutoHotkey

Still a work in progress, but it does make things easier. I plan on expanding this for multiple different programs, each with their own options etc.

The way I have set this up is that the toolbar only shows up when Scite is the active window so it never gets in the way of other things.

Return to “Scripts and Functions”