AutoDesktopCleaner

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
Bugz000

AutoDesktopCleaner

30 Sep 2017, 15:38

here's a little program i use literally several times every day to clear my desktop of unwanted stuff, thought maybe other people may wish to use it too

see, as i drag things from my browser and other folders to my desktop, i'm lazy and leave them there, often creating small scripts and whatnot aswell, so my desktop ends up getting cluttered up with a million files - some of which may be important

my solution
https://pastebin.com/igLghF3Y

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Before:

After:

with an intuitive but quick UI that displays how many files it's moved, the KB of the file it's moving, and the total KB it's moved, crossfade effects and overwrite protection; it will NEVER overwrite or dump your files into a directory that doesn't exist so your files are as safe as i can make them :)

simply drop this file into a folder (don't put it on desktop else it will move itself wahaha)
change DIR at the top of the code to a directory you wish your files to go into, and click away, enjoy your instantly clear desktop :)
Last edited by Bugz000 on 09 Feb 2018, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
trust_me

Re: AutoDesktopCleaner

04 Oct 2017, 10:34

No need for it personally but nice :) .But i still call the result a cluttered desktop :(

Leaving icons on her nose make make nose itching :?
Bugz000

Re: AutoDesktopCleaner

09 Feb 2018, 22:39

updated to clear off folders, leaving only program icons, and support for Steam icons (.URL files rather than .LNK)

Return to “Scripts and Functions”