WinFade (multiprocess)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
KuroiLight
GitHub: KuroiLight

WinFade (multiprocess)

07 Oct 2017, 13:32

My ideas for this script aren't done, but I don't think Ill be making any changes at this time, so I thought I'd post it.

This script will fade windows that are [not maximized/minimized, under the mouse, active or system windows].
What may be unique to this fade script is that it uses sendmessage for interprocess communication to make the fade effect multithreaded/multiprocess
place both files in same directory and run winfade, it will launch 2 copies of _fade_effect, 1 for fadein, 1 for fadeout.

winfade.ahk

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

_fade_effect.ahk

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Last edited by KuroiLight on 07 Oct 2017, 20:23, edited 3 times in total.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]
Helgef

Re: WinFade (multiprocess)

07 Oct 2017, 17:36

The effect looks nice, but the clean-up didn't work properly, left me with a few semi-transparent windows. No harm though, since they were just some explorer windows I opened for testing. The start menu got transparent too :lol:

Cheers :wave:

Edit: I tried the bottom-most script.
KuroiLight
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: WinFade (multiprocess)

07 Oct 2017, 19:16

It should cleanup properly, are you using a custom shell or start menu :?: ?
The following should exclude minimized windows and the default startmenu now, and make the transitions less flickery.
I can't figure out why windows sometimes go completely invisible, Might be the desktop actually moving up the layer stack because of the transparency, but it seems unlikely. it's caused by transparency some how getting to zero
seem to have fixed it, code below in OP updated to reflect changes, EDIT: and fixed the cleanup issue
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]

Return to “Scripts and Functions”