21 Oct 2017, 15:45

Hello Everybody!! :wave:
This is my first contribution to the forum! Ihuuuuuu
logo.png
MS Access Manager - SQL Query - Logo
logo.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Github: https://github.com/fcvidoto/ms-access-sql-query-button

MS Access Manager - SQL Query
Resume: Well, I am a professional VBA Developer myself.... So I was searching for a way to create faster SQL queries in MS Access. Wich lead me here!

* Concept:
Initialy my need was to send a command to a specific 'Access Application' to just open the 'SQL Query Editor' in one click (because I like to write SQL for queries). Though during the development phase, I thought I could include some other cool functionalities too: Wich are:
1- Activate the working database;
2- Keep track of the latest databases opened;
3- Open the SQL query editor with one click (my initial need);

* Hotkeys:
#n:: ; Creates a new SQL Query in the Access File;
!#n:: ; Creates a new Design Query in the Access File;

* Tray Icon (Options) :
-- Selects a New Database ; selects the database in wich new queries are going to
-- Activate Selected DB ; WinActivate the file
-- New SQL Query ; creates a new SQL query
-- New SQL Design ; creates a new SQL Design query
-- Recent Files ; recent files
-- Unload Selected Database ; unload the latest database
-- Reload Script ; reload script
-- Quit, ; exit

* Conclusion:
Feel free and safe to change the code whenever to suit your needs! Guys Im really new to this ahk stuff, so forgive me if I did something embarrassing :ugeek:
Im probably starting some other project in AHK to learn more! Thx a lot!

* Download:
https://github.com/fcvidoto/ms-access-s ... master.zip

* Update log:
10/21/2017 - version 1.0
First Release
10/23/2017 - version 1.1
New Tray Icon; added hotkey to 'Creates a new Design Query in the Access File'; Exporting All Tables(configuration) to notepad; Exporting All Tables(configuration) to notepad; some bug fixes
Last edited by king-of-hearts on 23 Oct 2017, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38707 - MS Access Manager - SQL Query: Incredible tool for MS Access/SQL Queries on the fly!!
king-of-hearts

Re: MS Access Manager - SQL Query

23 Oct 2017, 07:20

Version 1.1 released:
- New Tray Icon; added hotkey to 'Creates a new Design Query in the Access File'; Exporting All Tables(configuration) to notepad; Exporting All Tables(configuration) to notepad; some bug fixes
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38707 - MS Access Manager - SQL Query: Incredible tool for MS Access/SQL Queries on the fly!!
Ben

01 Aug 2019, 17:04

This topic caught my interest. Are you still developing your scripts? I just found your post but haven't tried it yet. I am also an Access Developer and have made a few scripts that I'd like to share. I don't know if there is already a thread for this or not, but here's one:

Switch between Access objects with Ctrl + Tab

Code: Select all

;=== In Microsoft Access, if you want to cycle between tabbed documents you can press CTRL+F6 or SHIFT+CTRL+F6 
;=== This hotkey will make it easier to press with one hand. CTRL+Tab or SHIFT+CTRL+Tab. 
;=== This will override the ability to cycle through tabs on a tab control on a form, which I never do anyway. 
#IfWinActive ahk_class OMain ; Access 
^Tab:: 
{ 
Send ^{F6}	; CTRL+F6 
;SoundBeep 423, 150 ; Let me know the ahk script is working. You can uncomment this for testing. 
} 
Return 
+^Tab:: 
{ 
Send +^{F6}	; SHIFT+CTRL+F6 
;SoundBeep 300, 150 ; Let me know the ahk script is working. 
} 
Return 
#IfWinActive
burque505

03 Aug 2019, 16:57

@king-of-hearts, thank you for sharing this! For some reason this is the first time I've seen this thread. Access doesn't get a lot of airtime here, seems to me.
@Ben, thanks for bumping it, I never would have seen it otherwise, and thanks for your contribution.
Regards,
burque505

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”