[ Music Files Tag Editor written in Autohotkey ]

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
rEX

[ Music Files Tag Editor written in Autohotkey ]

26 Jul 2014, 00:23

Description

IDTE is a full featured tag editor which supports tagging of FLAC,APE,ID3V1.x/2.x,WAV CHUNKS,WMA,MP4 ATOMS,LYRICS,VORBIS Tags.
Not Just Only tag editing but ,it also allows the playback of 40+ various lossy and lossless Music formats such as FLAC,ALAC,OGG,APE,MP3 etc.
With its highly capability of editing tags and playback support ,It can rename files based on the tag information, export tag information, create playlists , Search for Incomplete Tags on Internet, Fetch Lyrics , Supports CUE Sheet , Can Process Multiple Files At Same Time ,Allows Batch File Processing , Supports SFX and Much More...

Features

Allows Reading/Editing of WMA,FLAC,Lyrics,Vorbis,ID3,APE,MP4,WAV chunk Tags
Organise Music Folders and Libraries Based upon Tag Information
Jewel case cover art display in order to view the Cover art of a file in real-time tag editing
Embeded Music Player & Very Fast Tag Retriving Time Through Audiogenie.dll
Windows CMD For Advance Users in Order To Add Tags Themselves Using command line tool "IDTE"
IDTE Online Search Make It Possible to Search Incomplete Tags with MuzicBrainz,Google etc.
Export Tag Information To Whatever Format You Want
More Playlists Options For Keeping Music Collection Always Arranged.
CUE,PLS,WPL And M3U Playlist Support
Wine Compatibility , For Linux Users
Just Install & Run , No External Settings Required
Support 40+ Various Lossy and Lossless formats for playback such as mp3,FLAC,ALAC,APE etc
Multiple GUI Options In Order to Fit For A Paricular Environment
Quick Pick Buttons For Fast Editing
Batch File Processing
More User Friendly
Supports Force ID3 Tag Editing To Any File
Can Be Used as a Simple Music Player with SFX Options
AutoScroll Lyrics Option (While Using IDTE as a Music player)
Fetch Cover art from Internet
Fetch Lyrics From Internet (From A-Z lyrics and lyrics.com)
Can Be Used as a Advance Music Player with SFX,Visualizations and much more..
Quick tag editing mode for those, who wants to edit tags without much hassel
Mini Player Mode for Easy Plaback
Case Conversion for both filenames and tags

Download IDTE Here (Source Code Included in SRC Folder) -->http://sourceforge.net/projects/idteid3tagedito/

ANY SUGGESTIONS REGARDING IDTE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. :D
aka Rajat
joedf
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf

Re: [ Music Files Tag Editor written in Autohotkey ]

26 Jul 2014, 00:46

Seems to be very interesting!
rEX

26 Jul 2014, 01:05

joedf wrote:Seems to be very interesting!

Thanks Joedf. Please do review and provide your suggestions on IDTE .
aka Rajat
toralf

26 Jul 2014, 21:46

(Source Code Included in SRC Folder)
I could not find the current source code. Neither in any download file nor in the SRC folder on sourceforge.
ciao
toralf
noname

27 Jul 2014, 00:19

Could not get past this error when loading a folder or starting the player.

The mini player's volume change will also moves the "timeline" slider.

Tested on winXP and ahk_l 1.1.13.01.

I am impressed even if i could not test it but the miniplayer needs some visual refinement :) IMHO.
rEX

27 Jul 2014, 00:51

toralf wrote:
(Source Code Included in SRC Folder)
I could not find the current source code. Neither in any download file nor in the SRC folder on sourceforge.

Sorry for that. Here --> https://github.com/Rajatkosh/IDTESRC
aka Rajat
rEX

27 Jul 2014, 00:58

noname wrote:Could not get past this error when loading a folder or starting the player.

The mini player's volume change will also moves the "timeline" slider.

Tested on winXP and ahk_l 1.1.13.01.

I am impressed even if i could not test it but the miniplayer needs some visual refinement :) IMHO.

Please will you include some more Screen shots because this error is not encountering in my System. Are you building IDTE from source ?

Also, It works fine on Windows XP Sp3,7,8 & 8.1. I've tested Recently. Also, Please suggest something in order to solve the slider problem because i've tried everything but it is still buggy. :cry: :cry:
aka Rajat
noname

27 Jul 2014, 04:32

The program is installed by the installer here:C:\Program Files\IDTE-ID3 Tag Editor\
It is the original program downloaded yesterday.

This is the zipped dir so you can check it for its content.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... Editor.zip

These are two error screenshots ,the IDTE icon does not load at startup , the menu error displays when i select a list entry or load a folder ( i guess when the main gui Updates)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14147708/error1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14147708/error2.jpg

I can only give a gdip solution for the volume/timeline but ofcourse this involves a total different GUI.
rEX

27 Jul 2014, 05:41

noname wrote:These are two error screenshots ,the IDTE icon does not load at startup , the menu error displays when i select a list entry or load a folder ( i guess when the main gui Updates)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14147708/error1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14147708/error2.jpg

Thanks For Uploading The Screenshots. I've Tried your Zipped Version and It worked Fine on my Machine (Both on W 7 and 8). It looks like as if it is the admin rights issue because, IDTE.ico is present in the Installed Folder of IDTE but the program is unable to load it (according to your machine) maybe the program do not have the rights to access it. Please try to run in admin mode and if the problem still presists please let me know. Anyway thanks for reporting your bugs.

noname wrote:I can only give a gdip solution for the volume/timeline but ofcourse this involves a total different GUI.

OK i guess i have to change the gui of player. Will you please provide me some script in order to deal with this in Gdip .
Thanks Again.
aka Rajat
noname

27 Jul 2014, 07:17

Both errors were solved by replacing the IDTE.ico with one from another program.I guess winXP has some problems with resizing it to the correct resolution.( I could not see the ico displayed in explorer either)

:)
noname

27 Jul 2014, 13:07

Gdip demo for sliders timeline and volume.The mp3 demo file is hardcoded so it will only play that one unless you add some code :)
Also next and prev are not coded only play/stop alt+esc will exit.

download zip with gdip and bass library
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... player.zip
toralf

27 Jul 2014, 22:12

Hi Rajat,

I just browsed through your code.
For me to be able to read and understand the code, I would need more indentation. Sorry, but your code is really bad in this respect. :|

Anyway, I'll start with some comments on the code:
(I have not run your code, since I usually want to know what I execute)

There are some #include commands in included files. That made it difficult for me to find out what is realy needed.

I also noticed that you have hardcoded the ini/config file in nearly every line of IniRead/Write. That makes it difficult to change it (for the user, if he would like to have it placed somewhere else)

I saw that you included my wrapper for bass as a file, even though you do not seem to use it anywhere. I guess because you needed more features of BASS that my wrapper made available. Is there a reason why you didn't extend the wrapper?

And why didn't you use/create a wrapper for AudioGenie. Is there a reason for it? If you would create a wrapper it could be used by more users for their purpose. If you do not have a wrapper for it, let me know, I have one written years ago, but maybe have not posted it yet. And you could extend it, because I never finished it to work with all internal AudioGenie functionalities.

From what I saw you store all the file data only in the LV. So I guess there is no possibility to filter the files, right? IMHO that might be ok for a tag editor, but from the comments in the forum it looks like it is getting more to become also a player. Then I would suggest to store the data in an object/array and allow filter funtions.

I will stop now, time to sleep. Will continue when I will find the time again. Thanks for sharing the source.

PS: I hope I did not came across too harsh. I realy think you did a great job by coding all this (~12000 lines). I hope you can take these comments as constructive feedback.
ciao
toralf
rEX

28 Jul 2014, 12:38

toralf wrote:Hi Rajat,

I just browsed through your code.
For me to be able to read and understand the code, I would need more indentation. Sorry, but your code is really bad in this respect. :|

Hi Torlaf,
I do want to recode line by line in order to make it perfect for everybody and also extensible for everyone (i've done once which causes hell lot of bugs and errors and i end up in screwing all the code and IDTE). But, the problem is that i've coded it when i was nearly learning the AHK and don't have any kind of experience in coding.

toralf wrote:Anyway, I'll start with some comments on the code:
(I have not run your code, since I usually want to know what I execute)

There are some #include commands in included files. That made it difficult for me to find out what is realy needed.

I know, i don't execute anything unless i know what i am doing. so, if you are interested in this project then please pls pls help me in commenting and indentation :roll: (Don't worry u will added as a admin/developer in IDTE for your work)
I know i m asking for more :oops: but, i don't have much time for this project due to my college work and all that stuff so, i just fix some major/minor bugs and introduce some new features on the same previous code and it still working on my side.

Every Menu Bar Option (e.g. - file,Edit,view etc.) are separated into different file (e.g filemenu.ahk , editmenu.ahk, viewmenu.ahk etc.) therefore it is required to #include every file in Main Script i.e. IDTE.ahk.

You may also check out my C++ code as, it is completely Commented (Except some parts which are not yet implemented).

toralf wrote:I saw that you included my wrapper for bass as a file, even though you do not seem to use it anywhere. I guess because you needed more features of BASS that my wrapper made available. Is there a reason why you didn't extend the wrapper?

And why didn't you use/create a wrapper for AudioGenie. Is there a reason for it? If you would create a wrapper it could be used by more users for their purpose. If you do not have a wrapper for it, let me know, I have one written years ago, but maybe have not posted it yet. And you could extend it, because I never finished it to work with all internal AudioGenie functionalities.

There were no working wrapper available for Bass (As all the links were dead on AHK.net) so i've designed it specifically for
IDTE (In reality --> for myself not for IDTE) I don't know where i included yours :? . Also it didn't occur to me to design a audiogenie.dll wrapper :idea: (I'll keep it as a suggestion). However, IDTE do make use of some extended features of Audiogenie and Bass (e.g. Extended Tags,Information gathering,Mpeg Protection, Vizualization etc.)

toralf wrote:I also noticed that you have hardcoded the ini/config file in nearly every line of IniRead/Write. That makes it difficult to change it (for the user, if he would like to have it placed somewhere else)

It was important to hard code the ini configuration for some internal use of IDTE and also user don't have to worry about it as, configuration option of IDTE allows the user to set it according to the his/her need.

Ini-read was required everytime a new call is made because nobody knows when user gonna change the configuration and in which part of code execution so it's better to read the current configuration before taking the action (Some actions critically depends on the configuration and can really mess up the tags).

toralf wrote:From what I saw you store all the file data only in the LV. So I guess there is no possibility to filter the files, right? IMHO that might be ok for a tag editor, but from the comments in the forum it looks like it is getting more to become also a player. Then I would suggest to store the data in an object/array and allow filter funtions.

The LV data is stored in a special text file therefore IDTE restores the files everytime a new run is made. Also in intermediately steps some operation do make use of this text file. however your suggestion of storing the data in object/array is great. File is present in My documents/IDTE_Data/LastDB containing LV Data.

toralf wrote:PS: I hope I did not came across too harsh. I realy think you did a great job by coding all this (~12000 lines).

No definitely not, you instead suggested some great improvements on IDTE. However, on the part of coding -> It's all got messed up with time and features so, once again please help me in making this thing more of a code and less of a cryptic text :).

Also, it's not a great job by coding all these (~12000 lines) as it was just a time passing way which was evolved into Software like IDTE.
aka Rajat
toralf

28 Jul 2014, 12:56

For nice indentation I once wrote auto-syntax-tidy. Don't know if it would work on your code because it will not know recently added commands. But it's worth a trial. Could save you several hours.
ciao
toralf
noname

29 Jul 2014, 08:59

Is there a way to save the tags in unicode?I can read the tags but not change/save them as unicode.

I could not find anything on the website of audiogenie.
I tried it with this code but all i get was ??? using ahk_l unicode.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (Script.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

rEX

29 Jul 2014, 11:44

You are forgetting one thing that is to set Encoding Bit in ID3 tags Frame.
bw IDTE can save it for you.

Here's the code (Working on AHK_L Unicode32)

Note - This only works for ID3v2 Tags

B/w Audiogenie is no more available on audiogenie.net as the project is no more maintained by their developers.
However you can check it out on Source forge.
aka Rajat
noname

29 Jul 2014, 12:24

bw IDTE can save it for you.

How do i set IDTE to save as unicode?

Thanks for the code :) perfect!

I have many problems using IDTE on my winXP mostly it crashes when selecting a file.

example screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14147708/error5.jpg

Have you tried it on a fully patched uptodate winXP?I wonder if the latest windows updates are to blame.I only need it for altering the title tags and inserting a cover art so i will just use these code snippets as standalone programs.

btw here i a wrapper for audiogenie that i found in my backup files unfortunately the author is not mentioned i guess it is deleted on the ahk website.May Toralf recognize this?

rEX

29 Jul 2014, 12:44

noname wrote:Have you tried it on a fully patched uptodate winXP?I wonder if the latest windows updates are to blame.I only need it for altering the title tags and inserting a cover art so i will just use these code snippets as standalone programs.

Yes i do. I've tested IDTE on XPsp3 update build 5501 .
B/w Microsoft has ended the support for XP. so i am not damn sure whether its final one or not. But it still working f9.

Anyway, By default IDTE saves Unicode data into music files so, there is no need to set IDTE for this (Check Attachment i've just altered the Title and Album of "The Wolves - Ben Howard" song with some unicode characters) .
Attachments
Capture.PNG
it's working without any settings
aka Rajat
noname

29 Jul 2014, 13:47

I tried it again but it always ends up with ????? instead of the title.
Also when i click a file in the listview twice (not a doubleclick but after going to a menu) IDTE crashes.
If i select the Quick tag editing menu i get this error:

So something is not compatible on my system with IDTE.
The created playlist is also not in unicode so i can not use it for the player i have.
I can use your code from your post to set the unicode title and find some more code to set the cover art.(I will take a look at your code for it :) )
rEX

30 Jul 2014, 01:54

noname wrote:So something is not compatible on my system with IDTE.
The created playlist is also not in unicode so i can not use it for the player i have.
I can use your code from your post to set the unicode title and find some more code to set the cover art.(I will take a look at your code for it :) )

Hi noname :P ,
I know it's very frustrating that IDTE is not running well.
But Here's a script i've written for you which might solves your purpose . It's just a minimalistic version of tag editing
with the support of Multiple Cover art and Text Information Editing.
I Hope This Helps. Download the attachments as it contains the script and audiogenie3.dll file.
Let me know if anything goes wrong :) .
Here's the screenshot :-
Capture.PNG

and Here's the Script

Attachments
Tag.zip
(227.27 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
aka Rajat

Return to “Scripts and Functions”