Instagram Action Script

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
boomboom
GitHub: talymo

Instagram Action Script

04 Dec 2017, 07:11

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I created an Instagram script that goes through a list of hashtags and does actions on those posts, such as liking and following. This was my first time using AutoHotKey, so it might show in the code that I am new.

But, I do plan on extending the functionality to include commenting, scheduling posts and a myriad of other actions. But, as it stands now, it just likes and follows.

Let me know what you think. :)

Here is the link to the repo where I have the code hosted.

https://github.com/talymo/instaAutomate
gregster

Re: Instagram Action Script

04 Dec 2017, 07:53

I might be ignorant, but what is it good for? Why "like" or "follow" randomly? Is it to get likes and followers back?
If yes, what is the usual conversion rate? Can you monetize this? Is Instagram (and other sites) one big pyramid scheme? Well, perhaps not pyramid, but scheme...
boomboom

04 Dec 2017, 12:09

I started an online store on Shopify selling dropshipping fashion items. I set up an Instagram account to market this store. I post photos every once in a while (planning on scripting that out too in the future), and I run this script on that Instagram account using hashtags that are relevant to my store. Sure, the script gets me a lot of random likes but I am seeing an increase in traffic from Instagram to my online store. I started out this morning with 80 followers, ran the script while I went to class, checked when I got out 2 hours later and I have 109 followers and 5 more visits on my online store.
No conversions yet (online sales from the Instagram attention, that is), but I literally just started doing this. I did this as sort of an experiment to see what the results would be.
guest3456

04 Dec 2017, 12:21

nice work

boomboom

04 Dec 2017, 12:32

guest3456 wrote:nice work

Thanks!
gregster

04 Dec 2017, 14:19

boomboom wrote:I started an online store on Shopify selling dropshipping fashion items. I set up an Instagram account to market this store. I post photos every once in a while (planning on scripting that out too in the future), and I run this script on that Instagram account using hashtags that are relevant to my store. Sure, the script gets me a lot of random likes but I am seeing an increase in traffic from Instagram to my online store. I started out this morning with 80 followers, ran the script while I went to class, checked when I got out 2 hours later and I have 109 followers and 5 more visits on my online store.
No conversions yet (online sales from the Instagram attention, that is), but I literally just started doing this. I did this as sort of an experiment to see what the results would be.

I see, thank you for the info, despite my provocative question. Now I understand what its goal is.
(I used to work in online marketing in the early days of internet - before "Likes" were invented, I guess)
Mutinii
GitHub: Mutinii

08 Dec 2017, 07:29

boomboom wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I created an Instagram script that goes through a list of hashtags and does actions on those posts, such as liking and following. This was my first time using AutoHotKey, so it might show in the code that I am new.

But, I do plan on extending the functionality to include commenting, scheduling posts and a myriad of other actions. But, as it stands now, it just likes and follows.

Let me know what you think. :)

Here is the link to the repo where I have the code hosted.

https://github.com/talymo/instaAutomate

Very very good work. Please keep us updated on new features to your script!

And what's the link to your Shopify site and its associated Instagram? I'd love to take a look at both of them. I may possibly purchase a thing or two!

11 Jan 2018, 04:27

Be careful with buying followers. You might easily get shadowbanned. Here's the resource needed https://www.fast-unfollow.com/

Return to “Scripts and Functions”