Re: [Competition] AHK dwitter!

17 Jan 2018, 09:28

waetherman wrote: Create Game like space invaders
Wow !! :clap: Great to see that dwitter could be also used as a game engine :o
Xeo786

18 Jan 2018, 03:12

close.

good code , and there should be some main forum where people make AHK games and learn.
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
elModo7

22 Jan 2018, 04:36

I use that asteroids code as the "loading screen entertainment" when streaming PUBG xD
BTW, this topic is awesome, will try to understand how some of the functions really work, it's like reading chinese for me as of now.
waetherman

22 Jan 2018, 04:46

elModo7 wrote:I use that asteroids code as the "loading screen entertainment" when streaming PUBG xD
BTW, this topic is awesome, will try to understand how some of the functions really work, it's like reading chinese for me as of now.
You could join Discord and we could talk about the code in chat. I must say, I wouldn’t understand a lot of my own code if it was presented to me in it’s final form. But you start at a normal form and make small baby–steps towards smaller code, gradually making it less and less readable. :)
elModo7

22 Jan 2018, 05:39

waetherman wrote:You could join Discord and we could talk about the code in chat. I must say, I wouldn’t understand a lot of my own code if it was presented to me in it’s final form. But you start at a normal form and make small baby–steps towards smaller code, gradually making it less and less readable. :)
Will join at home, from time to time I go to the irc channel but it's mostly about gambling there it seems xD
Also I don't like asking until I'm extremely stuck, normally over time I get the code do what I want.
Right now I'm working on the stream deck android app, most of the windows code is based off the ahk language! but yeah this small functions are like :shock: :o to me hehe
geek

22 Jan 2018, 12:31

elModo7 wrote:Will join at home, from time to time I go to the irc channel but it's mostly about gambling there it seems xD
The various minigames going on in there drive up engagement, I think, even if it is a little off-topic. Do not be deceived though, if someone with knowledge pertaining to your question is on they will typically still make a good-faith effort to answer it. We define interruptions a little differently than most people. If you have a question but someone else is already in the middle of a discussion/gambling spree by all means ask it. The only things we consider interruptions are blatant spam, and trying to talk directly to an individual (especially a moderator) out of the blue when it's a general question that could be answered by someone else.

If the channel is otherwise active but nobody replies to you, it's generally because nobody has an answer to your question. If you do think your message was missed though, an appropriate amount of time to wait between asking is probably around 10-30 minutes. We're not all staring at it 24/7 so sometimes even hours later someone with an answer to your question might read it and want to reply to you. If your IRC name is different than your forum name, make sure to point that out so we can still contact you even after you disconnect from IRC.
joedf

25 Jan 2018, 09:04

Wow this is really cool :o
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
elbitjusticiero

02 Feb 2019, 07:26

I would really like to put one of these in a box inside a GUI. Can it be done? I see they work inside an AHK Gui but I'm not sure what kind of control is hosting them because it's created through DllCall. What I would like is to place a box with one of these beautiful thingies alongside other "normal" controls, where a logo would normally be. ;)
joedf

10 May 2022, 12:21

This is one of my favorite topics on the forums. I just love the art, and the space invaders one is simply fantastic. Played it again today. :clap:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”