TotalKeyMix 1.0.5: a tool to control the main volume of RME TotalMix with hotkeys

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
ikonomov

TotalKeyMix 1.0.5: a tool to control the main volume of RME TotalMix with hotkeys

11 Jan 2018, 19:59

I'm posting a script with a compiled .exe that was originally posted at https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1721 ... /?p=292047 and https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=8343 and created by Stephan Römer. TotalKeyMix is a tool to control the main volume of RME TotalMix with hotkeys. Aditional credits go to TomB from the AutoHotKey forums for implementing the MIDI functions into AutoHotKey and Kip Chatterson (creator of KeyMce/GenMce), who helped Stephan with the script framework of the MIDI implementation. The Volume On-Screen-Display (OSD) was coded by Rajat.

TotalKeyMix_v1.0.5.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

Changes in version 1.0.5:
• added On-Screen-Display
• the code for volume up/down has been simplified
• the mute button sets volume to 0, it no longer triggers Dim
• added more options in the config.ini file
• a larger .ico file has been created for higher DPI scaling
Ved

Re: TotalKeyMix 1.0.5: a tool to control the main volume of RME TotalMix with hotkeys

20 Jan 2018, 23:12

Hey, im use the same midi library and loopmidi for midi ports.

more options with you add more control on totalmix:
midiOutShortMsg(h_midiout,176,9,0) ;for control input gain
midiOutShortMsg(h_midiout,228,0,0) ;for control output for individual channels
ikonomov

Re: TotalKeyMix 1.0.5: a tool to control the main volume of RME TotalMix with hotkeys

01 Feb 2018, 22:20

Hi Ved, you can find a more complete list of the midi channels and cc for totalmix than the one I included in the readme at https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24437. You can edit config.ini and make the volume control whichever fader you want. I thought about adding control for more than one fader, but decided against it to keep it simple and strictly as a volume controller.
ikonomov

01 Feb 2018, 22:28

I'm having some issues with MIDI Yoke on Windows 10. Specifically it stops working after certain Windows updates. I suspect that it might be because it has to be installed under compatibility mode. I am currently using LoopBe1 and so far it seems to work fine.

Edit: It seems both LoopBe1 and loopMIDI are preventing the computer to enter standby, so I went back to using MIDI Yoke.
Last edited by ikonomov on 09 Feb 2018, 00:19, edited 4 times in total.
ikonomov

08 Feb 2018, 12:13

Thanks Ved for the suggestion, I took your advice and switched to loopMIDI. LoopBe1 for some reason was preventing the computer to standby.

Edit: It seems both LoopBe1 and loopMIDI are preventing the computer to enter standby, so I went back to using MIDI Yoke.
KarmaCrisis

23 Mar 2018, 19:02

So I feel like a dummy but would really love some help with this. The install of MIDI Yoke and TotalKeyMix seemed to go well...the program runs and responds visually to my keyboard volume wheel, however there is no effect on the actual volume. Any tips? My main outs on my UFX+ are 3/4 if that helps. Thank you in advance!

Return to “Scripts and Functions”