Rewind and forward YouTube video's even with outfocussed browser (Chrome). Handy for USB Wheel such as Griffin Powermate

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Sneeuwvos

Rewind and forward YouTube video's even with outfocussed browser (Chrome). Handy for USB Wheel such as Griffin Powermate

13 Jan 2018, 05:59

Hi guys,

If you have a USB scrollwheel, such as Griffin PowerMate USB (https://viralgadgets.net/wp-content/upl ... vnqw32.jpg), and have YouTube running in a browser window somewhere, then this will be handy for you.

Normally a USB scrollwheel will only do a certain action, such as: scrolling up/down, volume up/down. But like the PowerMate USB you can also run executables. This is where AutoHotKey comes in.

On my ultra wide screen I have a browser left having YouTube open and a browser right just browsing another site. Whenever I use the wheel I always want to rewind/forward YouTube without first pressing the left browser. So these scripts do that. NetFlix and VLC still work if there is no browser with YouTube open.

Have fun!

SCRIPT FOR SCROLLING YOUTUBE BACKWARD:

Code: Select all

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivate, YouTube
Send, {Left}
SCRIPT FOR SCROLLING YOUTUBE FORWARD:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivate, YouTube
Send, {Right}
SCRIPT FOR PAUSE/PLAY YOUTUBE:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivate, YouTube
Send, {Space}
SrGeneroso

Re: Rewind and forward YouTube video's even with outfocussed browser (Chrome). Handy for USB Wheel such as Griffin Power

15 Mar 2021, 13:51

Awesome, I use it with streamdeck and work pretty well, just try to not have more than one tab in front with youtube in the title, I haven't tested in all setups but it'll do the trick.
I've done some changes and added some more hotkeys.

ActWin := WinActive("A")
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivate, YouTube
Send, {K}
WinActivate, ahk_id %ActWin%
First line is to store the current window to reload it after the hotkey is used in youtube
Last line is the restore said window so you don't have to alt tab or click again to recover control of the windows you were using.

then here is the list
PLAY/PAUSE

Send, {K}
REWIND

Send, {J}
FORWARD

Send, {L}
MUTE

Send, {M}
SPEED UP

Send, {>}
SPEED DOWN

Send, {<}
NEXT FRAME (when paused)

Send, {.}
PREVIOUS FRAME (when paused)

Send, {,}
VOLUME UP

Send, {Up}
VOLUME DOWN

Send, {Down}
FULLSCREEN

Send, {F}
CLOSED CAPTIONS

Send, {C}
Thanks for sharing the main functionality and I hope some find it useful.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”