Disable mouse movement till you press ESC - handy for sensitive mouse

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Sneeuwvos

Disable mouse movement till you press ESC - handy for sensitive mouse

13 Jan 2018, 06:03

Hi guys,

Whenever I watch NetFlix and the sound through the speakers make my mouse shake, the progressbar pops up in NetFlix. This is very irritating to me so I built a script that disables your mouse till you press escape.

Code: Select all

BlockInput MouseMove
TrayTip, Mouse disabled, Press [ESC] to enable mouse movement

~Esc::
BlockInput MouseMoveOff
Exitapp
S1Niz7el2

Re: Disable mouse movement till you press ESC - handy for sensitive mouse

13 Jan 2018, 18:11

Thank you very much for this. Is there a way to disable the Clicks or better yet, disable (whatever it takes) to stop my mouse? Sometimes my mouse gets into a frenzy and there's no telling what will happen. I've seen a hundred windows try to open, files get deleted, etc. Everything feels staticy and electrically charged and I lose control of the mouse as she tears though everything on a rampage. This is what happens when you fix a computer that was in the dumpster and install the newest Windows. Then add a new mouse that doesn't have drivers for the newest Windows. Anyways, thanks for this....gonna try it right now. And I hope you can respond with some more code. ;)
Sneeuwvos

Re: Disable mouse movement till you press ESC - handy for sensitive mouse

13 Jan 2018, 18:37

Hi S1Niz7el2,

No problem. I do not know if you mouse clicks are disabled aswell - you have to try that one for yourself.

Btw you can try Driver Booster [free] to install newest drivers and keep [mouse] drivers uptodate. Perhaps that helps for you aswell! Or call an exorcist on that mouse ;)

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”