AutoHotInterception (AHI): Multi-Keyboard / Multi-Mouse support for AHK. Per-device blocking!

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
OCP

Re: AutoHotInterception (AHI): Multi-Keyboard / Multi-Mouse support for AHK. Per-device blocking!

17 Apr 2018, 15:36

if i just run the script normally i get no error but if i open it in scrite turn on debug mode and hit f11
i recorded it and upped it to sendspace https://www.sendspace.com/file/so2qew
evilC

Re: AutoHotInterception (AHI): Multi-Keyboard / Multi-Mouse support for AHK. Per-device blocking!

17 Apr 2018, 15:39

Well, as they say, pics or it didn't happen and that just happened.
Can't really address it tonight, but something seems very wrong - a script should not behave differently in and outside scite.
OCP

17 Apr 2018, 15:47

no hurries i am off to bed soon i hope i am not the only one giving you headache stuff :) take it easy i have no hurry
OCP

18 Apr 2018, 07:59

i was wondering could it be you are on win10 (i dunno if you are) and me on win7 and that the code needs to be different depending on system?
evilC

18 Apr 2018, 10:30

Yes, I am on Win10.
The underlying code that does most of the heavy lifting is .NET, so I guess it could depend on what version of .NET you have installed.
AHI currently targets .NET 4.6.1, although I could probably drop that lower.
OCP

18 Apr 2018, 11:57

i see i have v4.7.1

if i delete or remove the interception.dll i do get that error saying autohotinterception.dll failed to load so i think that the interception.dll is working just not the other dll

what if i install 4.6.1
evilC

22 Apr 2018, 13:30

@OCP: .NET is backwards compatible, so if you have latest you are good.

@All: AHI v3.4 is released!

https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterce ... s/tag/v3.4

Includes a bunch of checks to detect various issues reported by OCP, plus includes some improvements to "Extended key" handling.
OCP

22 Apr 2018, 14:52

hi thnx for the update

i no longer get a bug report in or outside scrite so it should be working but i still get a empty monitor gui you have any ideas what i could do?
evilC

23 Apr 2018, 07:30

I have some leads - I need to work out what the dependencies are for the various DLLs.
I suspect that you are missing some redistributable (Maybe Visual C runtime?)
evilC

23 Apr 2018, 13:36

@OCP, I think I may have worked out what it is.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... in-windows

It seems that if you build .NET code on VS2015 or later (Which I do), then this targets the "Universal C runtime", which your old WinXP system will probably not have.
You can get an update for Win7 and later, but not XP.
I will ask around and see if I can maybe build a copy that works with normal .NET or something, even if just to satisfy my curiosity as to why it doesn't work for you
evilC

23 Apr 2018, 14:02

Now that with AHI we can make a 2nd keyboard totally independent of the 1st keyboard, my mind got to thinking of how you could take advantage of that.
I got to thinking about hotstrings - normally hotstrings have certain limitations because you are trying to preserve the normal functionality of the key, whilst also allowing hotstrings. But with AHI, we no longer care about the normal functionality of a key that is used as part of a hotstring, meaning AHK's built-in hotstring system is hamstrung by limitations that are no longer relevant.
So I started to write my own.

The ultimate goal is to provide on-screen cues to help guide the user through the hotstrings. ie if you have two hotstrings "aaa", "abc" and "aac", then typing "a" should show all three, if you type "aa" it should show "aaa" and "aac" etc, along with showing a hint as to what these hotstrings actually do.

In addition to hotstrings, my thought was to write my own equivalent of AHK's Input command for AHI, so you could do keyboard-specific input of arbitrary text.
For example, let's say you are playing a flight simulator and want to control the angle of the flaps.
You would have a hotstring FL, which would then trigger an input, which would wait for you to type a number and hit ENTER.
So to set flaps to 50% would be FL50<ENTER>

This would also transfer to other use-cases, eg in an art package you could have OP75<ENTER> to set Opacity to 75%, or even maybe <F1>ARIAL<ENTER> to set font to Arial

I managed to get *something* working, but I kind of lack inspiration to progress, so I am posting it here in the hopes that maybe some of the community can come up with some ideas as to how it should work.

This demo has two hotstrings
VO<NUMBERS><ENTER> = Set Volume
BR<TEXT><ENTER> = Launch browser, <TEXT> is looked up in the browserChoices array.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

OCP

24 Apr 2018, 04:21

hello

i tried updating but it says i already had that update for .net, i seam to be the weird case here :) perhaps something is just wrong with my current windows installation something i cant go into at this point i am to invested in my current installation for now anyway.

i am thinking if i should just buy me a programmable keyboard for my 65 hotkeys or wait until i have upgrade money for a new pc and then go this route again

anyway if i can help you in any way testing something over here just let me know i keep an eye on this thread

Return to “Scripts and Functions”