[GAME] Bulldozer

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
jeeswg

Re: [GAME] Bulldozer

12 Jun 2018, 14:22

- Thanks for fixing the flashing and restoring smooth movement with the arrow keys.
- I was enjoying the game but got stuck and cheated by watching this speedrun of the game. Actually, I only found one video of the game so far.
Bulldozer video test 2 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP9pyLWKX54
- I believe it's the original game, based on the name of the user (channel). Nice aesthetics that you've added @TheDewd.
- When did you come across this game? Any other games you like? For pure games like this I like: Arctic Adventure (4-colour graphics), Kye and Pushover.
- Btw the game has an 'undo' option!
TheDewd

12 Jun 2018, 14:59

jeeswg wrote:- Thanks for fixing the flashing and restoring smooth movement with the arrow keys.
* You're welcome!

- I was enjoying the game but got stuck and cheated by watching this speedrun of the game. Actually, I only found one video of the game so far.
Bulldozer video test 2 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP9pyLWKX54
* That is a video from the game creator showing some of the gameplay mechanics from his 2008 re-make of his Bulldozer games. If you want a "walk-through" of the original levels 1-60, there is a nice playlist available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgYyItcxk4&list=PL5sZWUUkjVmFf4w_jLMVP22ySb5ySX7gh

- I believe it's the original game, based on the name of the user (channel).
* Not the original game. Bulldozer 1 first appeared on CD-ROM in 1994 on "24 Games for Windows 95" released by Expert Software, Inc. Bulldozer 2 was included in "Arcade Magic", also released by Expert Software, Inc. Bulldozer 3 was completed in 2002, but remained unreleased until the game creator bundled all of the Bulldozer games together in the 2008 game featured in the video link you shared. The 2008 version is created with Adobe Flash and available on desktop and mobile platforms.

- Nice aesthetics that you've added @TheDewd.
* Thank you! The icons and graphics are from Bulldozer 1 -- the only reference I had in my possession. The "LEVEL" and "PASSWORD" font images are from NFG's Arcade Font Engine. Font is "Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo).

- When did you come across this game? Any other games you like? For pure games like this I like: Arctic Adventure (4-colour graphics), Kye and Pushover.
* Bulldozer 1 (Just "Bulldozer" at the time) was installed on the family computer when I was younger. I enjoy many retro games. Can't think of anything specific right now. I'm a fan of old point-and-click adventure games too that I play using the SCUMMVM software.

- Btw the game has an 'undo' option!
* Coming soon... Adding support for DPI scaling at the moment (actually, already completed that...). I'll try to include an "Undo" in the next version.
Last edited by TheDewd on 12 Jun 2018, 15:12, edited 3 times in total.
TheDewd

12 Jun 2018, 15:03

rommmcek wrote:Great, great, great! Very smooth, some constellations are really not too easy!

P.s.: Level 24, wall seems to be rock (not bulldozer alone) permeable at least at coordinats 2,4; 3,6; 4,5; 4,7; where 0,0; being upper left corner.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Would you be able to share a screenshot?
rommmcek

12 Jun 2018, 15:18

Looks like south-west side is affected:
Attachments
Bulldozer.png
Bulldozer.png (38.4 KiB) Viewed 74 times
TheDewd

12 Jun 2018, 15:51

Updated:

Revision 5 (2018-06-12)
  • Fixed boundary tile being overwritten when pushing boulder into it (Thanks, rommmcek)
  • Added DPI scaling support
TheDewd

Today, 12:49

Updated:

Revision 6 (2018-06-18)
  • Added 'Undo Last Move' menu option -- Used only after pushing object

Return to “Scripts and Functions”