Script help needed. Read data from clipboard and insert into this script.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
musiclover7

Script help needed. Read data from clipboard and insert into this script.

22 Jun 2018, 12:36

Looking to get some help with this script. Essentially, I want to setup a script on my box that will automatically login to our DB server and execute a few lines of SQL, inserting what I currently have copied to the windows clipboard into a specific line in the script. The spot I want to insert into, is inside of quotes, and I want to preserve the quotes. I will list the script below with the spot where I want to add what is on the clipboard, listed as CLIPBOARD Any help appreciated!!

Code: Select all

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         A.N.Other <[email protected]>
;
; Script Function:
;	Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
run C:\Putty\putty.exe -telnet 10.48.128.112

Sleep, 5000

Send sybase{Return}

Sleep, 2000

Send ahjgn13#{Return}

Sleep, 2000

Send isql -Usa -w300 -Dims -P`cat /etc/.sapassword`{Return}

Sleep 2000

Send select data_ckey into #b from examination where data_item='[b]CLIPBOARD[/b]'{Return}

Send go{Return}

Sleep, 1000

Send delete from data_item where data_ckey in(select data_ckey from #b){Return}

Send go{Return}

Sleep, 1000

Send exit{Return}

Send exit{Return}
Last edited by joedf on 22 Jun 2018, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: code tags
Cerberus

Re: Script help needed. Read data from clipboard and insert into this script.

24 Jun 2018, 22:24

You can use the clipboard (or any other variable) by enclosing it in percentage signs, like so: %Clipboard%

By the way, are you aware that #b acts like pressing b while holding down the Windows key? If you want to send the actual hash symbol, do {#} instead of #.

If there is a chance that the clipboard might contain # or things in braces or other symbols that are special to Autohotkey, then you will probably want to do the clipboard in a SendRaw:

Code: Select all

Send select data_ckey into {#}b from examination where data_item='
SendRaw %CLIPBOARD%
Send '{Return}
P.S. SendRaw also sends # as an actual hash rather than the windows key. SendRaw will also send {Return} as a brace then the letters r e t u r n then another brace, rather than pressing the return key. Autohotkey has very good documentation where you can look up all commands and other things, like the Send command:
https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm
Using the clipboard:
https://autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Clipboard.htm

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”