Toolbars for 'Windows Explorer', for 'Open/Save As' dialogs. Double-click on windows' title bar

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
drozdman

Toolbars for 'Windows Explorer', for 'Open/Save As' dialogs. Double-click on windows' title bar

19 Jul 2018, 19:57

I have used this Windows Explorer toolbar on Vista for long. Though, I had to change it recently to make it fit Win7 (it will work also on Win8). Changing the look was not the only necessity.
I had to use a SetTimer delay, because of the weird problems Window 7 has with drawing Explorer itself. Windows 7 was a downgrade, so Explorer was made more primitive (not to mention later versions - Win8, Win10). Windows is gradually going to the dogs.

Toolbar is made as a child window (with +Parent option, ShellHook). It cannot be transparent.
I used an image with Win7 toolbar background (in zip file).
Script works with Win8 (I didn't check Win10), but maybe the image should be changed (I didn't bother with it), so it can fit the simple look of Windows 8.

Save the files in Unicode or UTF-8 with signature (not in UTF-8 as it is chosen with the download feature here - it messes up unicode characters).

• Toolbar for "Windows Explorer" in Win7 (also works in Win8)
• on click --> go to folders: a, ❶, ❷, ❸, Music, Pics (paths pre-defined ; a= folderA, 1=folder1,...)
• on right click --> go to another set of folders (paths pre-defined ; a= folderA2, 1=folder1a,...)
• drag and drop to move files to those folders
• ↑ icon click --> up one level (or in another version • first empty icon -> window on top switch, right click ;lines 199-211 )
• ↑ icon right click --> pre-defined "Folder View" options for particular folders (or customize this subroutine "EmptyFirst2")
Icons View for "C:\a","C:\","D:\","E:\" and for other folders - switch between Details/List View
• empty icon after ❷ --> launch another window with the same path
• last icon --> ListBox :
• click or double click ListBox items
• folder size without subfolders (double click - with subfolders); new folder (double click - with name from clipboard)
• folder size in separate file folder_size.ahk
• For instance: click on "ProgramFiles" - go to "Program Files" folder, double click on "ProgramFiles" go to "Program Files (x86)"

• "Context menu" --> right click not on buttons

• "showTipOnMouseover:=1" option shows folder paths

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (WinExpToolsDrozd.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

WinExpToolsDrozd.zip
(33.32 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

WinExplorerToolsDrozd.png
WinExplorerToolsDrozd.png (92.14 KiB) Viewed 219 times

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Toolbar for "Open/Save As" dialogs.

This is a toolbar for "Open/Save As" dialogs. It doesn't work like the previous one for Explorer. In the new version I had to use SetWinEventHook for that, and it still is not perfect (this version of this toolbar is recent, tested, but there are some minor problems from time to time).
Also like above: works on Win8.

• Toolbar for Open, Save As dialogs
• on click go to folders: a, 1,2,3,4, Music, Pics (paths pre-defined ; a= folderA, 1=folder1,...)
• on right click go to another set of folders (paths pre-defined ; a= folderA2, 1=folder1a,...)
• drag and drop to move a file to those folders
• last icon opens ListBox -> list of folders and tasks: click or double click
• double click on ListBox item "folder size" = size including subfolders
• click "folder size" -> size without subfolders
• "open folder" -> open Window Explorer window with the same path

• Center/size dialog window timer
• folder size in separate file folder_size.ahk

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (WinSaveOpenToolsDrozd.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Double-click on windows' title bar.

Double-click on windows' title bar to make the window set in a desired position and size.
Double-clicking on windows' title bar maximizes it. I don't need that feature at all. I actually am irritated by this behavior.
I like to use it to resize and move the window to predetermined options. Something like in "Net monitor" and "CPU monitor".
I used an option that disables the maximize style, so it is not perfect. But if it's done for selected group of windows, that's good enough for me.

● Double-click on windows' title bar to make the window set in desired position and size.
● works for selected group of windows (new ones should be added using GroupAdd, and "DoubleClick:" subroutine)

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (TitleBarDoubleClickDrozd.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

r2997790

Re: Toolbars for 'Windows Explorer', for 'Open/Save As' dialogs. Double-click on windows' title bar

21 Jul 2018, 06:39

Thank you for sharing this... it isn't too far away from working fine on Windows 10 either.

Nice job! The File/Windows Dialogs are rip for improvement and this helps.
burque505

Re: Toolbars for 'Windows Explorer', for 'Open/Save As' dialogs. Double-click on windows' title bar

21 Jul 2018, 09:54

Thank you very much for sharing. Your scripts are great!
Regards,
burque505

Return to “Scripts and Functions”