[Editor] CodeQuickTester - Write and run code without saving to a temporary file

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
kczx3

Re: [Script] CodeQuickTester - Write and run code without saving to a temporary file

26 Jul 2018, 20:38

In my opinion, you shouldn’t even support such a small window size. Make the GUI have a minimum size and call it a day.
geek

Re: [Script] CodeQuickTester - Write and run code without saving to a temporary file

26 Jul 2018, 21:00

kczx3 wrote:In my opinion, you shouldn’t even support such a small window size. Make the GUI have a minimum size and call it a day.
The problem is that the length of the syntax tip is variable, and sometimes very large. Maximizing the amount of space in the status bar for it is my goal and it will be beneficial even for reasonably sized windows.
CyL0N

Re: CodeQuickTester

04 Oct 2018, 00:22

GeekDude wrote:...
BugReport: (I had these sitting around a while,but posting them now that i'm on the forum)

When large ammounts of text, quite sluggish & autocomplete doesn't work as expected. To be expected, i suppose...
>Additionally incosistent input,where input doesn't appear in order of input,when large amounts of text are in page...

Sometimes input in normal caret mode overwrites characters,which is behaviour in 'underscore' caret mode with no distinction between the two modes, RECREATE by pressing 'Num0' where any input should either overwrite or append to input with no visible distinction in mode change...

Ctrl+I changes the state of active document from Modified to Clean giving a false impression that it was saved,and allowing termination without save prompt...

-->Feature request, it would be nice to have QuickSave/QuickLoad hotkeys(F8/F9 in most games) that saves/loads to/from last file...
i could argue QuickSave/QuickLoad are even warranted in CodeQuickTester, it's only logical...lol

CodeQuickTester 2.7 with setting file,slightly modified status bar,SetBatchLines -1,ListLines, off, Process, Priority,, High & #KeyHistory, 0
AutoHotkey 1.1.30.00 Unicode on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
SATELLITE P775
x64-based PC
6051 MB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 v9.17.10.4229 @ -1988.00 MB RAM

And just so this doesn't come off as a bland critique, i pretty much use it for everything ahk including opening forum links with greasemonkey, so i noticed & felt these bugs more because it's my primary editor,where i resort to SCITE & Notepad++ to assemble scripts with components written in CodeQuickTester, just wanted to put it out there how useful this little editor of yours is to many including me.

Cheers.
live ? long & prosper : regards
hotkeyguy

10 Oct 2018, 13:59

Hello GeekDude,

can you pls. check the links Related Projects MultiTester.ahk and RichCode.ahk, both are the same. Where can I find the source code of
RichCode.ahk? The folder \RichCode.ahk in CodeQuickTester-2.7.zip is empty, like in MultiTester.ahk-0.2.zip.

Many thanks for all your efforts and greetings
hotkeyguy
geek

10 Oct 2018, 15:58

CyL0N
CyL0N wrote:When large ammounts of text, quite sluggish & autocomplete doesn't work as expected. To be expected, i suppose...
>Additionally incosistent input,where input doesn't appear in order of input,when large amounts of text are in page...
CodeQuickTester is not designed to be used for scripts more than a few hundred (or low thousands) lines in length.
If you find yourself frequently editing files of this size (say, 2000+ lines) I would recommend to disable those features before opening the file.
Would you want an option in the future to automatically disable these when the file reaches a set maximum size/length?
CyL0N wrote:Sometimes input in normal caret mode overwrites characters,which is behaviour in 'underscore' caret mode with no distinction between the two modes, RECREATE by pressing 'Num0' where any input should either overwrite or append to input with no visible distinction in mode change...
I am not sure if caret type is something that I have the ability to change. I am using the same editing control as Microsoft WordPad (simple text editor bundled with Win7) and WordPad behaves in the same way.
CyL0N wrote:Ctrl+I changes the state of active document from Modified to Clean giving a false impression that it was saved,and allowing termination without save prompt...
This issue has been patched already and will be correct in the next release.
CyL0N wrote:-->Feature request, it would be nice to have QuickSave/QuickLoad hotkeys(F8/F9 in most games) that saves/loads to/from last file...
i could argue QuickSave/QuickLoad are even warranted in CodeQuickTester, it's only logical...lol
Save to current document without prompting has been developed and will be available in the next release.
CyL0N wrote:CodeQuickTester 2.7 with setting file,slightly modified status bar,SetBatchLines -1,ListLines, off, Process, Priority,, High & #KeyHistory, 0
AutoHotkey 1.1.30.00 Unicode on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
SATELLITE P775
x64-based PC
6051 MB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 v9.17.10.4229 @ -1988.00 MB RAM
Nice specs! No dedicated graphics card though, any reason for that?
The status bar will be completely changed in the next release. I am interested to know, what kind of changes have you made to it?

CyL0N wrote:And just so this doesn't come off as a bland critique, i pretty much use it for everything ahk including opening forum links with greasemonkey, so i noticed & felt these bugs more because it's my primary editor,where i resort to SCITE & Notepad++ to assemble scripts with components written in CodeQuickTester, just wanted to put it out there how useful this little editor of yours is to many including me.

Cheers.
Thanks for the kind words! It's good to hear that someone's getting some use out of the Greasemonkey scripts :)

By the way, here's an image for how the next release will look: https://i.imgur.com/VvDa2jx.png

hotkeyguy
hotkeyguy wrote:Hello GeekDude,

can you pls. check the links Related Projects MultiTester.ahk and RichCode.ahk, both are the same. Where can I find the source code of
RichCode.ahk? The folder \RichCode.ahk in CodeQuickTester-2.7.zip is empty, like in MultiTester.ahk-0.2.zip.
You are right, those links are incorrect; I will fix that soon.

As far as missing code, please heed the warning from the original post:
Original Post wrote: :!: IMPORTANT :!:

Make sure to download using the link labeled CodeQuickTester_vX.Y.ahk or CodeQuickTester_vX.Y.exe.

Downloading from the link Source Code will not include critical libraries required for the script to function.

:!: IMPORTANT :!:
Here's a sample of how that link looks from another of my projects, though of course the name will be different and end in .ahk:

If you do want to get the original code as multiple files instead of the single-file with includes, you should use a git client such
as GitHub for Windows or GitExtensions. However, these clients can be confusing if you are unfamiliar. If you just want a link
to the RichCode.ahk project, you can find that here:

hotkeyguy wrote:Many thanks for all your efforts and greetings
hotkeyguy
You're welcome!
CyL0N

11 Oct 2018, 08:37

GeekDude wrote: CodeQuickTester is not designed to be used for scripts more than a few hundred (or low thousands) lines in length.
If you find yourself frequently editing files of this size (say, 2000+ lines) I would recommend to disable those features before opening the file.
Would you want an option in the future to automatically disable these when the file reaches a set maximum size/length?
Yes Please :)
GeekDude wrote: I am not sure if caret type is something that I have the ability to change. I am using the same editing control as Microsoft WordPad (simple text editor bundled with Win7) and WordPad behaves in the same way.
My current solution is to just block insert in CodeQuickTester,so at the very least mode switching doesn't occur...

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, CodeQuickTester
NumpadIns::
Ins::
Return
#IfWinActive
GeekDude wrote: This issue has been patched already and will be correct in the next release.
:D
GeekDude wrote: Save to current document without prompting has been developed and will be available in the next release.
:superhappy:
GeekDude wrote: Nice specs! No dedicated graphics card though, any reason for that?
The status bar will be completely changed in the next release. I am interested to know, what kind of changes have you made to it?
Thx,got an Nvidia 720M 2GB as well, but not relevant here so,i only use insert spec-sheet with the Nvidia when i post to gaming forums and stuff... Just being concise or something,i guess :facepalm: ...

My Changes to my Statusbar
  • Font Calibri, Bold,Size 10,Color Blue so it steals my attention for a gentle reminder...
    When i click on status bar,it autocompletes default value,i.e current value on status bar...
    Tooltip on Statusbar shows current working directory & AhkVersion & AhkV1/V2... Using Examples Here StatusBar SBARS_TOOLTIPS
    Right Click on Statusbar to toggle-switch to manually specified AhkV2 path with tray notification,so as to run ahkv2 scripts...
GeekDude wrote: Thanks for the kind words! It's good to hear that someone's getting some use out of the Greasemonkey scripts :)

By the way, here's an image for how the next release will look: https://i.imgur.com/VvDa2jx.png
WELL DESERVED :thumbup:

RIBBON GUI & NumberLINES,OnTop of all my requests & bugfixes coming up, Freakin YEES :dance: ,looking SWEET... NumberLine column looks a tad narrow for some 'folks' though...Just Sayin...

And I dunno if this goes for others too,but i found my self resizing the size on every start so i changed it to 800*600 in the script, so a Save Current Size/Pos option would be nice. I routinely run 4-6 instances on a 17" 1690*900 monitor for reference.

Again, Appreciate all you've done & continue to do...CHEERS!
CyL0N

16 Oct 2018, 01:08

So..... forum update broke GreaseMonkey it seems.... :problem:
geek

16 Oct 2018, 19:52

CyL0N wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 01:08
So..... forum update broke GreaseMonkey it seems.... :problem:
The forum is supposed to return to more or less normal some time soon(TM). Once it does I'll take a look at updating the script.
hotkeyguy

17 Oct 2018, 14:44

Hello again GeekDude,

on my desktop PC, CodeQuickTester_v2.7.exe doesn't start. The tray icon is only shortly shown. Notebook no problems. Win 7 64-bit on both machines. No AV issues.

BTW, the Spoiler doesn't work - I'm aware that this forum is partly out of order.

Many thanks again and greetings
hotkeyguy
geek

20 Oct 2018, 09:22

hotkeyguy wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 14:44
on my desktop PC, CodeQuickTester_v2.7.exe doesn't start. The tray icon is only shortly shown. Notebook no problems. Win 7 64-bit on both machines. No AV issues.
Does the uncompiled version of the script work on both systems?
geek

09 Nov 2018, 13:08

CodeQuickTester v2.8 has been released

Please see the original post for a link to the release and revision history pages.

Changes
  • Line numbers!
  • Separate Save/Save As menu options
  • Menu option to rename the open file
  • Setting for path to script template

Additions
  • Fixed zooming with control-mousewheel
  • Changed format of status bar to maximize syntax tip space
  • Changed web request functions to support web proxies
  • Removed margin area from main GUI design to maximize editor space

There are many more things on the roadmap so if I've told you I will implement something and it's not in the release, it will come along later. Also, there are a few known issues with this release, such as line numbers not always matching up with the main edit area (especially with files longer than a few thousand lines). I plan to release a 2.8.1 later on, but as development is going very slowly I've decided to go ahead and release what I had.
hotkeyguy

Re: [Editor] CodeQuickTester - Write and run code without saving to a temporary file

09 Nov 2018, 15:42

Hello GeekDude,

many thanks for CodeQuickTester v2.8, especially Save/Save As and rename. I just wanted to ask. And OutputDebug works now (not in v2.7). Yep, I got v2.7 compiled meanwhile. No problems starting v2.8.

Greetings and thanks for that early St. Nicholas' Day gift :xmas:
hotkeyguy
CyL0N

Re: [Editor] CodeQuickTester - Write and run code without saving to a temporary file

09 Nov 2018, 21:46

Sweet :thumbup: , but RIBBONS,where be the RIBBONS :shifty: .... i guess i Can wait :cookie: . But really though,much needed update so thanks. :salute:

A suggestion for the next patch, for status bar instead of , I think |, is a bit more poignant,comma just looks a little weird.
Something like this,

Code: Select all

SB_SetText("Len " Len "  |  Line " Row "  |  Col " Col
		. (Sel > 0 ? " |  Sel " Sel : "") "     " this.SyntaxTip)
SpecialGuest

11 Nov 2018, 18:26

Keep it comin' GeekDude 8-)
By the way: I would love to see this get tabs some day

Desperate attempt at fixing integration (to be ignored lol) :
Last edited by SpecialGuest on 12 Nov 2018, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
r2997790

12 Nov 2018, 02:20

Geekdude, thank you for your continuing hard work on CodeQuickTester. It's a wonderful tool.

I'm glad you haven't overloaded it with functionality. It remains a joy to use for testing code snippets and short routines.
ozzii

12 Nov 2018, 05:31

@SpecialGuest
Thanks for the update but I have this when I click to open on your code:
SpecialGuest

12 Nov 2018, 14:17

Thanks for letting me know. Hadn't really had the chance to look at it very long last night.
Just saw the regular integration wasn't doing anything and attempted to fix the link.
It seems I didn't look at it long enough to notice the result being the whole page instead of the codebox' content :shh: lol
Consider this to be broken for now as we require the download link, which isn't available anymore on the current codebox..
With the download link you can retrieve the codebox' content but I don't see a way to do it with the forum being as it is atm.
kiwichick

19 Nov 2018, 17:35

Hi there, this is such a nifty little script. So helpful! I have a couple of requests. First, will you please make it possible to open it maximised, or at least remember the last window setting? And second, will you please change the wording for "Open Help File" to specify that it's the AutoHotkey help file that's opened, not a CodeQuickTester help file? Keep up the good work. Cheers.
CyL0N

20 Nov 2018, 07:04

Bug: Line Numbering Gets Messed Up With Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End., given a script with more than 200lines...

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”