CodeQuickTester is a portable single-file script editor that allows you to write code, and then run it without having to save to a temporary file.
It supports many powerful features and is tightly integrated with the AutoHotkey language and community.
To learn more about what it does, look in the features section of this document.
Old Image | Example script output
- Requires no external dependencies and is completely self contained (one file!)
- Allows you to run code you've written without saving to a temporary file¹
- Uses a pure-AHK code editing control that supports custom syntax highlighting
- Integrates with the help file to provide always up-to-date syntax tips²
- Provides suggestions for automatic keyword completion using built in keywords and ones pulled from your script
- Includes tools to help you format your code, such as an automatic re-indentation tool
- Can have multiple instances of it be run at the same time
- Integrates with the forum and live chat³
- Can open existing scripts from a file, from a link, or by drag and drop
- Can quickly switch between AutoHotkey versions from a simple menu
- Current versions of Wine for Linux do not support this feature
- If running in a portable environment, make sure AutoHotkey.chm is in the same directory as CodeQuickTester
- Requires some additional setup
- AutoHotkey v1.1 or the equivalent AutoHotkey_H
- Known to work with Windows 7 and above
- Help file integration requires Internet Explorer 8 or above
Additional Setup (Optional)
Set as the default script editor
Set up forum integration
Create a separate settings file to save your settings between updates
MultiTester.ahk - Create responsive desktop applications using HTML, CSS, JS, and AHK!
RichCode.ahk - A pure-AHK code editing control that supports custom syntax highlighting
The latest version can always be found on the GitHub release page.
Make sure to download using the link labeled
Downloading from the link
Source Codewill not include critical libraries required for the script to function.