Second Edit Pane for SciTE4AutoHotkey

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
lexikos

Re: Second Edit Pane for SciTE4AutoHotkey

29 Jan 2015, 23:23

which would seem to confirm what you're saying that it would get better by reducing the time it takes to actually do the stuff.
I didn't say anything of the sort.

My thought was that if you check every 50ms for changes in position/size, you have up to ~50ms between when the change occurs and when it is detected. You're also running code every 50ms even when nothing is happening. Dock works via a hook which is notified of changes. It should react immediately and with less CPU usage (though the difference is probably negligible). It sounds like you're using a timer to detect some changes for changing the Dock settings, and Dock is detecting the same changes using a more efficient method. It would make more sense to just use the hook Dock uses from your own script.

N.B. Dock also uses SetWinDelay -1 to speed up WinMove.
boiler

30 Jan 2015, 00:49

Oh, OK. I misunderstood, obviously. I'll get to implementing the Dock approach sometime soon.

For now, I'll include the SetWinDelay -1 with another fix I'm about to post.
boiler

30 Jan 2015, 00:58

Bug fix regarding TillaGoto support for 2nd pane: Changed to search for FunctionName( rather than FunctionName() in the second pane since the latter would not find the actual start of the function if it has any parameters in it.

Also added SetWinDelay, -1 per lexikos' suggestion to speed up WinMove.
Joe Glines

17 Dec 2015, 22:11

Very cool! I don't know how I missed this for so long but I'm digging the new functionality! Having long files, it will be very nice to be able to use this! Thank you!
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
boiler

18 Dec 2015, 21:09

Thanks. I'm glad you're finding it useful.

That reminds me that I was going to incorporate some approaches from majkinetor's Dock(). I may revisit that when I get a chance.
Joe Glines

19 Dec 2015, 17:17

I love it! The only thing I'd like to be able to do is to turn off the file menus / toolbars on the lower instance. Thanks again!
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
illuzioner

22 Jun 2017, 13:10

Wondering what the latest is on this project. I grabbed the code from the first post, but the comments look good too and I was wondering if there is a GitHub repo or some other place to grab the latest code?
boiler

22 Jun 2017, 13:42

The latest version is in the first post. I appreciate the suggestions, but I haven't incorporated anything else into it at this point.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”