AutoHotFlow - Simply draw your applications

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
simonic99

Re: AutoHotFlow - Simply draw your applications

17 Aug 2018, 15:32

Yes I did. I just tried it again. The program in the c:\ProgramFiles\AutoHotflow. If I disable "Run as adminstrator" the error above happens again. Not necessarily a problem now, as I can just run it in Adminstrator mode.
wsimon98

17 Nov 2018, 10:14

Hey everyone!!! This script creator is pretty dope.

Couple of questions. Both already asked and one not answered....the other solution didn’t seem to work.

Big thanks to Bichlepa for all this hard work!
bichlepa

18 Nov 2018, 03:12

@wsimon98
1: The flows can't be converted to ahk scripts and therefore can't be executed standalone. The flows are saved in the folder "Saved Flows" as ini files. Sorry.
2: You can write to and read clipboard content using the actions "Get clipboard" and "Write clipboard".
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
CyL0N

18 Nov 2018, 03:48

bichlepa wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 03:12
@wsimon98
1: The flows can't be converted to ahk scripts and therefore can't be executed standalone. The flows are saved in the folder "Saved Flows" as ini files. Sorry.
2: You can write to and read clipboard content using the actions "Get clipboard" and "Write clipboard".
I always found this pretty neat,kinda like flowgorithm but for ahk. I suppose i never knew this cos i assumed it was somewhat of a code generator... So i'm really only wondering why didn't you implement it as a code generator, the 'Generated Scripts' folder made me think it was,and your comment above seems to state otherwise...

Just curious,cos it would have been much easier to write & maintain,and the editor btw is master piece :thumbup: . :?:

At the very least consider adding the ability to execute flows from shortcut AND/OR hotkey, which i imagine would make this awesome tool more useful,as easy as it is,the only reason why it's never transcended tickling my curiosity is because it's less of a Visual Editor and more of a Visual Wrapper,i.e I Use Gui,Msgbox,InputBox,... generators because i'd rather not deal with some details,code generation would extend your tool to at the very least a Script Logic Visual Editor,just something to consider, i never bothered porting your editor my self cos it's just so integrated into the main script.... Cheers & Awesome Tool.
live ? long & prosper : regards
blue83

31 Aug 2019, 14:29

How to call function and continue with execution when function is done?

And how to compile the script?
When I click on script I can not even run it without run it from AutoHotFlow app.
bichlepa

12 Sep 2020, 06:28

Good news! I was able to solve the annoying crash problems and the project will continue now! I think the tool has enough features for a first release, so I'm going to work on int. For this I need to do bugfixes, documentation and some refactoring. Stay tuned!
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
bichlepa

12 Sep 2020, 06:35

@blue83 I'm sorry, I've overseen your question. I acutally don't understad your questions, can you please give some more details? To make it clear: AHF is not a script generator. You cannot export and run anything without the AutoHotFlow application.

@CyL0N Thanks for the feedback. In meantime I made the Editor less intergrated than before. If you want to reuse it for a script generator, I will help you with that.
bichlepa

03 Sep 2021, 10:14

Good news! Version 1.0.0 is out!
Finally, I finished the first stable version of AutoHotFlow! :superhappy:

It's big difference between this release and the old pre-release. It is much less buggy and much more perfomant.

Check it out!
Download page

I also implemented a modular concept, it will be possible to create extension modules which contain a set of actions, conditions, loops and triggers. I'll create soon a template project for that. It will be pretty easy for AHK coder to implement more elements.
Urbanawp

06 Sep 2021, 07:05

this is really impressive
SOTE

06 Sep 2021, 07:31

@bichlepa

Very impressive, including your tenacity to stick with developing this.

Something to note about this, is that the tool you created (starting from years ago) is somewhat like what is presently used in RPA tools like UiPath. Except AutoHotkey would be easier to use overall. Seems like this would be great as not only a standalone, but as part of an AutoHotkey RDA/RPA application as well.
burque505

06 Sep 2021, 08:24

@bichlepa, I echo @SOTE's sentiments.
Thank you! Very much looking forward to seeing this evolve. And very much looking forward to seeing your extension template! Maybe users could add Chrome.ahk and Selenium extensions. That would really put AutoHotFlow in RPA/RDA territory.
Regards,
burque505
burque505

10 Sep 2021, 11:02

I have a partially working AutoHotFlow "Action" created to run Python scripts. It could be easily modified to run anything from the command line. It uses @SKAN's RunCmd() v.0.94. It is not finished and I'm still fuzzy as to what best practices are for creating custom Actions. This still needs an output variable to pass the output of RunCmd(cmd) correctly back to the Flow.

The script needs to go in "Source_Elements\Default\Actions".

I'm not sure if this is required, but it didn't hurt:

1) Add the name of the script ("RunPython_script.ahk" in my case) to Source_Elements\Default\manifest.json.
2) With AutoHotFlow shut down, run "find modules.exe" from the AutoHotFlow main directory.

The Python file I used to test as shown below is "C:\work\Python\HelloWorld.py":

Code: Select all

print("Hello, World!")
RunPython_script.PNG
RunPython_script.PNG (11.84 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Regards,
burque505
RunPython_script.zip
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
burque505

10 Sep 2021, 12:19

A little more luck. Output variables now working.
RunCommand_script.PNG
RunCommand_script.PNG (11.58 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
This flow pings comcast.net and displays the output in an AHK message box for debugging (comment out line 101 of the attached script to get rid of it), then in an AutoHotFlow message box.
CmdFlow.PNG
CmdFlow.PNG (6.86 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
Regards,
burque505
RunCommand_script.zip
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
bichlepa

10 Sep 2021, 13:32

That's very cool, @burque505! You already figured it out on your own which steps are required. :thumbup:

I just finished writing instructions how to create new elements. You can find the help files in this path: Tools for contributors\Element creation\help\index.html.

I described there some more steps that you may do to make it easier for me to include your elements in AHF. Those are:
  • Write help files for the elements
  • Move library functions (like RunCMD()) in the lib folder
I'll have a closer look at your elements and will probably add them to AHF.
burque505

10 Sep 2021, 16:13

@bichlepa, thank you for your kind words.

I will look at your new guidelines and do my best to follow them.
I actually have RunCmd.ahk in a Lib folder "AutoHotFlow-1.0.3\Lib\RunCmd", ergo "AutoHotFlow-1.0.3\Lib\RunCmd\RunCmd.ahk", but I ran into trouble referencing it (included it in a function instead of at the top or bottom of the script).

Just in case anyone else does the same thing I did (i.e. including a function in an "Action"), once I did that it was also available to new Actions. So when I pasted RunCmd.ahk's contents into "RunCommand_script.ahk" I got a "duplicate function" error.

Regards,
burque505
burque505

10 Sep 2021, 19:08

It's easy to add new icons, just put them in the "Icons" folder.
Example:
new_icons.PNG
new_icons.PNG (46.74 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
bichlepa

11 Sep 2021, 01:54

burque505 wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 16:13

I actually have RunCmd.ahk in a Lib folder "AutoHotFlow-1.0.3\Lib\RunCmd", ergo "AutoHotFlow-1.0.3\Lib\RunCmd\RunCmd.ahk", but I ran into trouble referencing it (included it in a function instead of at the top or bottom of the script).
You have to add the lib to source_elements\Default\lib\%anyNewSubFolder%.
The root folder Lib is only for libraries that are used by AHF application. Those lib functions should not be used directly by the elements.
bichlepa

11 Sep 2021, 10:11

I worked hard today :)
Now it is possible to create extension packages with an installer!
The instructions are located in the repository in this path: Tools for contributors\Element creation\help\index.html.
burque505

11 Sep 2021, 17:03

@bichlepa, looking forward to it!
Thanks!
burque505

13 Sep 2021, 14:10

Working on a Chrome extension for AHK. So far two Actions are working, although in alpha status:
ChromeInst_Create.ahk and ChromeInst_RunJS.ahk.

Teasers:
Flow.PNG
Flow.PNG (14.61 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
RunJS.PNG
RunJS.PNG (14.9 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
pi.PNG
pi.PNG (4.96 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
Regards,
burque505

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”