klomb's Scripts (09/20/17)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

klomb's Scripts (09/20/17)

12 Apr 2015, 20:34

Hi, I've been working on these scripts here for a while now, and finally decided create an account and post them here.
--
AHKDocker
an off-screen window docker (now supports multi-monitor!)
Last updated: 09/20/17 Changelog
Image
---

ScrollAnywhere
auto activate or scroll inactive windows (Mostly obsolete as of Windows10)
Last updated: 10/21/15 Changelog
ImageImage
Image: left is software-mode; right is native+active
---

ahkwininfotool
displays some information for a window(s) in a tooltip
Last updated: 10/10/15
Image
---

frontandcenter
This will automatically move new windows to your focused monitor,
it has a customization rule-set/filter-list to automatically move(or ignore) windows to other monitors if chosen.
Last updated: 01/03/16
---

BuildScript v2
makes building 32/64bit ahk exes quicker
Last updated: 06/14/15

Personal Scripts (rewrite)
Personal General purpose and Game related Scripts.
Last updated: 11/22/15

GetUserHotkey
Can be used to ask the user for a custom hotkey, probably still needs a rewrite, but should work just fine out of the box.
Brainstorming thread and similar script from evilC


Descriptions and source on their respective pages. Suggestions welcome.
Last edited by KuroiLight on 21 Sep 2017, 00:14, edited 63 times in total.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

13 Apr 2015, 19:50

*reserved*

95 views and few downloads later, no comments, suggestions, or bug reports yet?
(not that this is a problem)
Last edited by KuroiLight on 22 Nov 2015, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
Relayer
Posts: 106
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 13:09
Location: Delaware, USA

Re: klomb's Scripts

13 Apr 2015, 20:26

Don't despair, I have posted some of my scripts after putting tons of hours into them. I always hope they will get recognized and become useful to many. But, alas, most times I get yawns. That's OK, I use my scripts everyday and am very proud of them.

Relayer
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

13 Apr 2015, 20:46

Thanks, yea its no problem, I use them myself anyways, well off to play GTAV for now then.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
joedf
Posts: 6032
Joined: 29 Sep 2013, 17:08
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf
Location: Canada, Quebec
Contact:

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 05:31

Nice scripts :)
zcooler
Posts: 389
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 04:59

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 08:12

AHKDocker is interesting and works a bit like the RocketDock. Unfortunately Rocketdock is discontinued and have issues with minimized programicons disappears from dock after waking up system from hibernation. I would use your script if it had all the features of the RocketDock. These features are very visual appealing. Have you thought about taking the script in this direction?
User avatar
boiler
Posts: 2010
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 02:44

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 10:18

KuroiLight wrote:95 views and few downloads later, no comments, suggestions, or bug reports yet?
(not that this is a problem)

My suggestion is to provide some screen shots. I'm sure it's useful, but it's hard to understand what the benefits are from the description, for me anyway.
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 13:40

zcooler wrote:AHKDocker is interesting and works a bit like the RocketDock. Unfortunately Rocketdock is discontinued and have issues with minimized programicons disappears from dock after waking up system from hibernation. I would use your script if it had all the features of the RocketDock. These features are very visual appealing. Have you thought about taking the script in this direction?


I've never really used rocketdock, but I'll take a look at what features it had, I don't want to add too much though because I'm trying to keep it as fast as possible. I was actually trying to make something similar to PremeForWindows, because I was having major issues using it and it has a slow interface.

boiler wrote:
KuroiLight wrote:95 views and few downloads later, no comments, suggestions, or bug reports yet?
(not that this is a problem)

My suggestion is to provide some screen shots. I'm sure it's useful, but it's hard to understand what the benefits are from the description, for me anyway.


I'm not really sure screenshots would help either, since there isn't really anything to show visually, I'll see what I can come up with though. :crazy:
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
boiler
Posts: 2010
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 02:44

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 14:06

You could show what a docked window looks like. I'm trying to understand why this is better than just minimizing them to the taskbar.
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 15:01

boiler wrote:You could show what a docked window looks like. I'm trying to understand why this is better than just minimizing them to the taskbar.

There is now a gif in the first post; It's pretty much just for quick access to windows without minimizing them.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
boiler
Posts: 2010
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 02:44

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 19:04

Thanks, but the image didn't seem to attach correctly.
User avatar
joedf
Posts: 6032
Joined: 29 Sep 2013, 17:08
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf
Location: Canada, Quebec
Contact:

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 19:15

Hmm weird Stuff...
Try this link
http://postimg.org/image/vwjum8xh9/
User avatar
boiler
Posts: 2010
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 02:44

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 19:18

Thanks, joedf.

Btw, here's what i see in the OP:
http://gyazo.com/4022ca5ff2b1f0ba777dcabbf5b2a9e3

When I click on the broken image icon (or right click), there's nothing to open.
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

14 Apr 2015, 19:31

Theres another img link up for now.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
joedf
Posts: 6032
Joined: 29 Sep 2013, 17:08
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf
Location: Canada, Quebec
Contact:

Re: klomb's Scripts

15 Apr 2015, 07:06

Try imgur instead
User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

17 Apr 2015, 02:06

changed img to imgur, updated OP formatting.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
KuroiLight
Posts: 261
Joined: 12 Apr 2015, 20:24
GitHub: KuroiLight

Re: klomb's Scripts

17 Apr 2015, 02:50

@zcooler
KuroiLight wrote:
zcooler wrote:AHKDocker is interesting and works a bit like the RocketDock. Unfortunately Rocketdock is discontinued and have issues with minimized programicons disappears from dock after waking up system from hibernation. I would use your script if it had all the features of the RocketDock. These features are very visual appealing. Have you thought about taking the script in this direction?


I've never really used rocketdock, but I'll take a look at what features it had, I don't want to add too much though because I'm trying to keep it as fast as possible. I was actually trying to make something similar to PremeForWindows, because I was having major issues using it and it has a slow interface.


After investigating RocketDock, I found this isn't really the type of dock I'm simulating, sorry for the confusion.
Though If you're still looking for a RocketDock replacement you might try one listed here: http://alternativeto.net/software/rocketdock/?platform=windows
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]



User avatar
empardopo
Posts: 335
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 12:50
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: klomb's Scripts

17 Apr 2015, 05:05

Thanks, AHKDocker works fine.
Some screen shots of ScrollAnyhere? I don't know what does!

Thanks
Everything is possible!
ozzii
Posts: 292
Joined: 30 Oct 2013, 06:04

Re: klomb's Scripts

17 Apr 2015, 06:51

It scroll the window (with the mouse roll) under the mouse pointer even when the window is not active, something like AlwaysMouseWheel (I think).
User avatar
Iomega0318
Posts: 83
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 14:56
Facebook: jonimpson
Google: jonimpson
GitHub: Iomega0318
Location: Wolfforth, TX
Contact:

Re: klomb's Scripts

17 Apr 2015, 11:46

empardopo wrote:Thanks, AHKDocker works fine.
Some screen shots of ScrollAnyhere? I don't know what does!

Thanks

I think I use way to many windows to use the AHKDocker lol.. but I love the idea.

As for ScrollAnyhere, think of the way Ubuntu (if you've used it) can scroll any window you have open regardless of whether or not your focused on it, I freaking love the idea and will definitely make use of it!! Especially since I use dual monitors and I hate having to switch to the other program when all I need is to scroll though it!!

I will let you know if I break anything, and thanks for the scripts :)

Return to “Scripts and Functions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests