[Function] DockA for x64

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
jballi

[Function] DockA for x64

20 Aug 2015, 16:15

DockA is another popular function published by majkinetor a while back. This function is used to dock one window to another so that the additional window(s) will automatically move with the first. Note: This version of the function only supports AutoHotkey hosts, hence "A" in the name. See the function documentation for more information.

I use this function on a few projects. Like the Attach function, this function did not work correctly when I started to convert some of my projects to work on x64. I've upgraded DockA to work on all versions of AutoHotkey, including x64.

Disclaimer: The original logic remains intact. The final version includes a few more changes than were really necessary but I has having some trouble debugging the original and so I reformatted the function so that I could understand it better.

I'm posting this version of DockA for developers who, like me, have made a programming investment in the function and would like to continue using it with AutoHotkey x64.
Attachments
DockA.ahk
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
DockA - Simple Example.ahk
(833 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
ahk7

Re: [Function] DockA for x64

21 Aug 2015, 12:53

Very nice, thanks for updating it.
guest3456

23 Aug 2015, 17:58

i've used DockA in the past, a few good script

hiahkforum

26 Apr 2024, 18:39

Hi, @jballi! Since you are familiar with the structure of this extremely useful script, could you please convert it to AHK v2 syntax? Unlike you, majkinetor, apparently, abandoned AHK by this day, so you are the second one who can be counted on. The script isn't very big, so I don’t think it will take much time for such an experienced person like you. Unfortunately, it can only be used natively, so no compatibility workarounds will work (I'm a newbie, so I might be wrong). If someone else takes it, that will also be very good! It's strange that no one has done this yet. :eh:

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”