How to cancel the input prompt in the scite4 editor?

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
zwg2010000

How to cancel the input prompt in the scite4 editor?

28 Oct 2023, 22:44

I use the Scite4 editor. When I enter the letter a, a list box will appear with prompts such as and, any, appsky, array, etc. How can I cancel this prompt?

[Mod action: Moved topic form “Ask for Help (v2)” since it’s askiing for help with SciTE4AutoHotkey, not AHK.]
gregster

Re: How to cancel the input prompt in the scite4 editor?

29 Oct 2023, 21:20

Here, Esc works - but it will reappear when you continue typing ;)

But why cancel it at all? If you don't select anything (via Enter or Doubleclick), you can just type away and it will disappear if there is nothing suitable, or finally when you press space.
zwg2010000

30 Oct 2023, 00:25

@gregster
Yes, what you said is right.
However, when writing code, I don't like to be disturbed.
For example, I plan to enter the keyword 'array',When I am typing on the keyboard (for example, I just entered the first letter a in the keyword array), I am also thinking about the subsequent writing of the entire code (how to write after array). If a list box pops up at this time, my thinking will be disturbed by the pop-up animation.
Another scenario is that when I am modifying code, if I want to add an array to a line of code and a list box pops up, it will block the code below that line, which will also affect me.
Therefore, I hope this list box does not pop up.
Also, I would like to ask you a question,How did you input your emoji?
gregster

30 Oct 2023, 00:35

So you don't want to cancel the popup, but completely deactivate the suggestions? Should be possible, but I will have to investigate.

Re emoji use in these forums: There are a few (like the one above) available in the "Full Editor" of the forum software (see button below), but you can also use other emojis. For example, on WIn10 you can generally press Win and . (might depend on the Windows language version) to display a window with emojis, like🦎😵🤷‍♂️🎁- and many more.
gregster

30 Oct 2023, 01:18

gregster wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 00:35
So you don't want to cancel the popup, but completely deactivate the suggestions?
You can try to add this to the file SciTEUser.properties settings (can be opened via the SciTE menu entry Options > Open User properties):

Code: Select all

# Autocomplete settings (AutoHotkey v1)
api.$(file.patterns.ahk1)=

# Autocomplete settings (AutoHotkey v2)
api.$(file.patterns.ahk2)=
This should deactivate autocompletion suggestions for both AHK v1 and v2, afaics.

Please try it at your own risk :!: Only quickly tested.
If you see problems or unwanted side-effects, remove the lines above, save the file again, and things should go back to normal.
zwg2010000

30 Oct 2023, 03:54

@gregster
Thank you.
After using the method you taught me, now when I input characters, the list box will no longer appear.
It's just amazing.

I would like to ask you another question.
I usually use scite4 when writing code, so I would like to have a detailed understanding of how scite4 is set.
For example, in the following code,
#Autocomplete settings (AutoHotkey v2)
API$ (file. patterns. ahk2)=
After use, you can cancel the display of the list box.
I would like to ask, which website can I find this information on.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”