Syntax highlighting gone

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
chazcon

Syntax highlighting gone

27 May 2018, 12:31

So I have been using this distro for years and it works flawlessly.

However yesterday I installed v. 1.1.29.00 of AHK and also from the SciTE official site this Windows installer: An installer created by Troy Simpson.

...thinking I was updating both programs to the latest version, but I found my syntax highlighting was gone.

So I uninstalled SCITE (and beware, that Windows distro closes Windows Explorer and causes a black crash on uninstall)

Cleaned out all SciTE references, reboot and clean install of this distro but with AHK v. 1.1.29.00

...still no syntax highlighting. Ugh what have I done? Need my Scite4AHK back.
FOR THE VITAE!
chazcon

Re: Syntax highlighting gone

27 May 2018, 14:14

gregster thanks but I have all that - the (strange) issue is that syntax highlighting is gone - opening a .ahk file shows all plain text.

Is this an issue with the 1.1.29.00 version of AHK? Does SciTE4AHK not support the latest version of AHK? Anyone running SciTE successfully (with syntax highlighting) with the 1.1.29.00 version of AHK?
FOR THE VITAE!
chazcon

27 May 2018, 14:43

Ok I uninstalled Autohotkey and Scite4AHK, cleared out all bits, rebooted, clean install of previous version AHK 1.1.26.01 and SciTE4AHK.

Same issue, no syntax highlighting. So frustrating.
FOR THE VITAE!
chazcon

27 May 2018, 22:56

SOLVED

Clean install of Windows 10. Yep. When I installed SciTE4AHK it even updated, never did that before.

HAPPY DANCE
FOR THE VITAE!
RonRT

20 Jun 2023, 18:05

Edit: I have been troubleshooting this issue for past 8 hours; see below for my issue. My solution (without having to reinstall windows) was to uninstall all AHK (v1 and v2) and SciTE, restart, then reinstall both AHK V1 and V2. Next, instead of using SciTE installer, I downloaded Portable.zip from herehttps://www.autohotkey.com/scite4ahk/, unzipped it, then changed the paths to the AHK of the platforms.properties folder as described in this video: [youtube]https://youtu.be/P9avB9ZYVPo?t=331[/youtube]. For reproducibility, open SciTE.exe > right click on toolbar > click Open Platforms Properties > replace all instances of "%AhkDir%" and "$(AutoHotkeyDir)" with the path where AHK is installed (in my case replaced with "C:\Program files\Autohotkey"; without quotations) > save file (overwrite original) > move the unzipped SciTE folder (that should contain the updated platforms.properties) to the folder where AHK was installed (should be the same directory you replaced in the file).
Unpacked archive with updated platforms.properties should be moved to AutoHotkey folder folder structure is:
AutoHotkey
|_______ AutoHotkey.exe
|_______ AutoHotkeyA32.exe
|_______ AutoHotkeyU32.exe
|_______ AutoHotkeyU64.exe
|_______ AutoHotkey.chm
|_______ v2
| |_______ AutoHotkey32.exe
| |_______ AutoHotkey64.exe
| |_______ AutoHotkey.chm
|_______ SciTE
|______ etc...

Original issue:
I've been having the same same issue but I really cannot go through a fresh Windows install.
In my case, I think it started after I changed my Windows User folder name to remove a space (eg "C:\Users\Bob Smith" to "C:\Users\BobSmith") following this tutorial . Everything else seems to work, however, Scite4Autohotkey has stopped showing all syntax highlighting. I have tried every combination of uninstalling AHK and SciTE, removing every instance of either in the registry, restarting computer, reinstalling in "C:/Program files" and in "Username/Appdata/Local" with no success.
Using AutoHotkey V2.0.3 and SciTE V 3.1.0 (installed in the AHK folder). Installation using all default settings and I made no changes to any of the option or property files (attached zip file with all property files).
Lack of syntax highlighting:
image.png
image.png (117.84 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
AHK correctly detected by SciTE:
Attachments
SciTE.zip
(19.81 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Bukinnear

20 Jul 2023, 00:05

For anyone else having this problem after updating to v2:

1. Set the current platform to v2 (or whichever platform you are having trouble with)
image.png
image.png (5.54 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
2. Click Tools -> SciTE4AutoHotkey settings...
image.png
image.png (12.16 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
3. Change the style to one of the AHK options
image.png
image.png (15.42 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
You're welcome.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”