AHK Studio

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

retnikt

Re: AHK Studio

09 Feb 2017, 12:06

Hi! I know this is kind of an old post, but I have created a Windows installer for the latest (as of 9th Feb '17) version which was published on 21st Mar '16.
Here is a MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#!1VdQlaTA!iYkRYjhC4NIJ ... HB9IFZI2IE
And here is an alternative link: https://github.com/retnikt/odds-and-sod ... 6.3.21.exe
If maestrith is not happy with me having used his code, I will happily take down the links, and I apologise if I caused any trouble.
maestrith

09 Feb 2017, 23:29

retnikt wrote:Hi! I know this is kind of an old post, but I have created a Windows installer for the latest (as of 9th Feb '17) version which was published on 21st Mar '16.
Here is a MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#!1VdQlaTA!iYkRYjhC4NIJ ... HB9IFZI2IE
And here is an alternative link: https://github.com/retnikt/odds-and-sod ... 6.3.21.exe
If maestrith is not happy with me having used his code, I will happily take down the links, and I apologise if I caused any trouble.
while I appreciate the effort, I would rather not have any alternative downloads for AHK Studio.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32
autocart

16 Feb 2017, 14:14

Hi,
My code has 2400 lines currently.
If I load it in AHK-Studio part of the 2nd to the last and the last line are somehow deleted resp. not there.
any ideas? regards, S.
maestrith

16 Feb 2017, 22:32

autocart wrote:Hi,
My code has 2400 lines currently.
If I load it in AHK-Studio part of the 2nd to the last and the last line are somehow deleted resp. not there.
any ideas? regards, S.
Some files that have Unicode characters can cause issues. Please open them in something like Notepad.exe and save them as UTF-8 and then open that in Studio. I have tried to get things to work properly and still am but that has been the only way I have found to get it to open properly. I will try to get things to work.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
autocart

17 Feb 2017, 00:40

ok, thx for the info.
maestrith

27 Feb 2017, 11:31

Changed: Reported by megabugman
-Omni-Search: Removed the Omni-Search option from Omni-Search
-Zoom causing line numbers to get cropped #108
-Context Menu: items that are not applicable are greyed out #98
-Deleting umlaut characters was causing an issue #97
-Inline commands for hotkeys were not displaying parameters #96
-Odd issue with resizing controls when clicking on Omni-Search #95
-Error message when cancelling a plugin download from menus #93
-Run Selected Text
--Added Run Selected Text to the main code and changed how it works with multiple selected lines #92
--Added Run Code Block to the main code Fixed the SingleInstance issue #91
-Ctrl+R and Ctrl+E were adding odd control characters to the script #90
-Right Click: Selection will not change when right clicking #89
-Double Click on anything like #NoEnv and it will now select the # #88
Fixed:
-Delete/Backspace would go letter by letter when using a single caret. Multiple carets will still do this.
-If you add a space in the tab previous to the first word of a line it would crash Studi
Added:
-Command Help (F1):
--Directives now work
--Selected words will also work if it is found by AHK Studio
--No need to have the Caret after the Command
Donations
Discord
autocart

02 Mar 2017, 12:19

obviously, this app works a bit differently than what I am used to from other editors
still, it seems that it does not really save when I hit "save" (ctrl+s)
the asterisk by the filename in the projects control is gone but when I hit run it tries to run the old version that was opened and when I close and reopen, all changes are gone.
only when I to a save as under a different name, does it work as expected.
running the latest version 1.003.13

sorry, it looks/ed promising and I know you put a lot (years!) of time into it, but with bugs like that and also the one I reported some time ago, this ahk studio is not usable like this
maestrith

02 Mar 2017, 12:26

autocart wrote:obviously, this app works a bit differently than what I am used to from other editors
still, it seems that it does not really save when I hit "save" (ctrl+s)
the asterisk by the filename in the projects control is gone but when I hit run it tries to run the old version that was opened and when I close and reopen, all changes are gone.
only when I to a save as under a different name, does it work as expected.
running the latest version 1.003.13

sorry, it looks/ed promising and I know you put a lot (years!) of time into it, but with bugs like that and also the one I reported some time ago, this ahk studio is not usable like this
I am trying to think of what might be causing this. If you have TeamViewer, Skype, or Hangouts and would like to have a video call so we can do some debugging I would be more than happy to help. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Donations
Discord
rdhu

04 Mar 2017, 10:17

I have a multi-monitor setup and would like to be able to open multiple AHK Studio windows, one or more per monitor. I know I can split the Scintilla control to achieve multiple editing "controls" and then extend (size) Ahk Studio to cross the monitor boundary. This has certain drawbacks such as the Scintilla controls not aligning their edges on the monitor edges as well as others. It is a bit brittle in terms of consistent positioning and requires a bit of fiddling.

Have I missed something in the help description or on the forum?

Another desirable capability would be to run multiple instances of AHKStudio. Again, I searched but could not find a method.

Assuming there is not the capability, if it were to be added then ideally a given 'project' would maintain prior window setting when reopened. For example, Project A had two code edit controls open as well as the Code Explorer, while Project B had four code edit controls open, but not the Code Explorer.
maestrith

14 Mar 2017, 16:43

Added:
-Completely re-wrote the Settings dialog
--Auto Insert: You can edit when you add a ( it will add the ) or anything you like
--Edit Replacements: Replaces www with World Wide Web or anything you like
--Manage File Types: AHK Studio can only edit text based files and I have added in a few types but if you wish to have other types, you can add them here
--Menus: You can completely change the menus fonts and order
--Options: AHK Studio had quite a few options and this is a way to quickly set them
--Theme: Completely change the theme of AHK Studio
Donations
Discord
nnnik

24 Mar 2017, 05:22

I just migrated from Scite4AutoHotkey today after I saw that your latest release of the code explorer finally supports nested classes
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

24 Mar 2017, 09:50

Well I have run into the first problems.
When I open my project and make some changes in the includes they don't appear in the files.
To be more precise it doesn't work with includes of includes.
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

24 Mar 2017, 10:45

I also have issues with debugging.
At a certain point debugging just breaks. It highlights one line but executes a totally different one.
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

28 Mar 2017, 09:08

Regarding the save problems:
Photo number 1 is just after saving.
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (172.47 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
Photo number 2 is just after marking
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
, number three after pressing delete
Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (173.92 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
and lastly after pressing Ctrl + Z:
Screenshot4.jpg
Screenshot4.jpg (173.7 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
Recommends AHK Studio
maestrith

28 Mar 2017, 09:48

Fixed: Reported by megabugman #98
-Right Click Menu: Cut not working
-Split Control then RCM Open Folder not being greyed out in the new control
Fixed: Reported by jsilverstreak #111
-Hide Tray Icon: Was not remembering from run to run
Fixed: Reported by nnnik
-Pressing Delete was not causing the file to be edited
Donations
Discord
maestrith

28 Mar 2017, 10:03

rdhu wrote:I have a multi-monitor setup and would like to be able to open multiple AHK Studio windows, one or more per monitor. I know I can split the Scintilla control to achieve multiple editing "controls" and then extend (size) Ahk Studio to cross the monitor boundary. This has certain drawbacks such as the Scintilla controls not aligning their edges on the monitor edges as well as others. It is a bit brittle in terms of consistent positioning and requires a bit of fiddling.

Have I missed something in the help description or on the forum?

Another desirable capability would be to run multiple instances of AHKStudio. Again, I searched but could not find a method.

Assuming there is not the capability, if it were to be added then ideally a given 'project' would maintain prior window setting when reopened. For example, Project A had two code edit controls open as well as the Code Explorer, while Project B had four code edit controls open, but not the Code Explorer.
I think the best I would be able to do is to have separate windows with a Scintilla control for each window but I can't make any promises. This will also be quite a bit of coding and I am not too sure when I'll be able to get to it. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.
Donations
Discord
ydh

30 Mar 2017, 02:10

i am a newer for ahk studio, but i want ahk studio to support vim key binding, and i think is a good idea. thank you
maestrith

03 Apr 2017, 09:25

ydh wrote:i am a newer for ahk studio, but i want ahk studio to support vim key binding, and i think is a good idea. thank you
Not exactly sure what you mean by that, could you give me an example?
Donations
Discord
nnnik

04 Apr 2017, 12:14

Each mention of an include results in any class/function/label inside it being added to the Code Explorer which clutters it.
e.g. you have Script a, b and error a includes b and bot a and b include error
Recommends AHK Studio
maestrith

04 Apr 2017, 18:50

nnnik wrote:Each mention of an include results in any class/function/label inside it being added to the Code Explorer which clutters it.
e.g. you have Script a, b and error a includes b and bot a and b include error
I am a bit confused... so if you add multiple #Include for the same file it'll duplicate it? Or are you talking about adding in an include from a library?
Donations
Discord

Return to “AHK Studio”