AHK Studio

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

nnnik

Re: AHK Studio

05 Apr 2017, 00:18

Well multiple mentions as in the main file you are editing and in any of it's includes.
https://github.com/nnnik/Project2D/tree/development << open displayOut Example.ahk
Recommends AHK Studio
maestrith

05 Apr 2017, 00:39

Not sure I understand the issue.
Attachments
AutoHotkey_2017-04-05_01-38-53.png
AutoHotkey_2017-04-05_01-38-53.png (8.19 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32
nnnik

05 Apr 2017, 03:50

I guess I have a more up to date Project-2D.ahk. I have uploaded it.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (159.47 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
The classes that are doubled in displayOut Example.ahk actually belong to Project-2D.ahk where they are missing.
Recommends AHK Studio
rdhu

06 Apr 2017, 09:44

maestrith wrote:
autocart wrote:obviously, this app works a bit differently than what I am used to from other editors
still, it seems that it does not really save when I hit "save" (ctrl+s)
the asterisk by the filename in the projects control is gone but when I hit run it tries to run the old version that was opened and when I close and reopen, all changes are gone.
only when I to a save as under a different name, does it work as expected.
running the latest version 1.003.13

sorry, it looks/ed promising and I know you put a lot (years!) of time into it, but with bugs like that and also the one I reported some time ago, this ahk studio is not usable like this
I am trying to think of what might be causing this. If you have TeamViewer, Skype, or Hangouts and would like to have a video call so we can do some debugging I would be more than happy to help. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Look at the GitHub bug post: https://github.com/maestrith/AHK-Studio/issues/77 for a (15) line sample that reproduces what I think is the same bug being reported. (rdhu = kwoodhouse)
guest3456

26 Apr 2017, 03:00

donated, thanks for your work

maestrith

26 Apr 2017, 03:04

guest3456 wrote:donated, thanks for your work
Wow! Thanks :) I appreciate it. I hope that Studio helps.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
nnnik

27 Apr 2017, 12:41

Lately the intelliSense just hasn't been working at all ( e.g. it always displays __New( p* ) whenever I create a new constructor method )
It doesn't really work with SubClasses or extended classes at all.

The auto complete feature is a lot better but also has it's problems.

The AutoTabbing is messing with my comments.
Due to the fact that I structure my descriptions with Tab this really gets on my nerves.
I now have to restructure them every time I make a release.
Edit: To be more specific it happens to multiline comments when I paste stuff close to them:

Code: Select all

function()
{
	Msgbox
	/*
		This is a comment
			This is a second comment
	*/
}
Recommends AHK Studio
maestrith

05 May 2017, 04:31

nnnik wrote:Lately the intelliSense just hasn't been working at all ( e.g. it always displays __New( p* ) whenever I create a new constructor method )
It doesn't really work with SubClasses or extended classes at all.

The auto complete feature is a lot better but also has it's problems.
Please provide me with some code that highlights this issue and the constructors that you are trying to create so that I can work on it.
Donations
Discord
maestrith

05 May 2017, 04:33

Added: Suggested by Run1e
-Adding ;Startup (Case Sensitive) will add a plugin to the startup of Studio
Fixed:
-Smart Delete: I made some changes and broke it.
Fixed: Reported by Run1e
-Some commands were not being colored correctly
Fixed: Reported by Someone I am sure but I forgot who :( sorry
-Right Click: When Studio is the active window and you are right clicking outside of Studio it was giving a Studio menu
Donations
Discord
nnnik

05 May 2017, 09:41

I couldn't really isolate the issue so far. I have tried before my post and have tried since my post - though no luck so far.
It does seem to work with SubClasses if I keep it simple.
The issue appears when editing https://github.com/nnnik/classGDIp .
Recommends AHK Studio
theartofx

08 May 2017, 17:33

Hi Maestrith. Just downloaded AHK Studio recently and it certainly seems rather impressive, I really enjoy the interface and the featuresit offers. I have one problem though, which is that I can't seem to download any plugins. I'm running Windows 7 and using the latest AHK 1.1.25.01. I tried running AHK Studio in all 4 versions of the program that come with the AHK installation package to no avail. Whenever I try to download a plugin, it either fails with an error or with no error at all, depending on how I go about it.

If I goto Tools -> Code Vault, it will tell me that Code Vault it requires a plugin that has not been downloaded yet, and if it can download. I reply yes, and I get this error:
Image.
I tried to do a bit of snooping through the code, but it's beyond my ability to interpret what might be causing it.

I also tried to go through Tools -> Plugins -> Download Plugins. But no matter if I select one, multiple, or all, all it does is is immediately pop up a message box that says "Installation Report: Code Vault - " or if there's multiple selected, it'll say each plugin's name with a dash after it like there should be a word there for failure or success, but it's just blank. I tried looking through the forum here for anything similar but didn't seem to find it, but I might have missed something. Any help you or anyone else could offer would be much appreciated!

Edit: Went through all of this thread's post again and figured out what I was doing wrong. I had AHK installed as Unicode 64bit. I uninstalled it and installed as Unicode 32bit and it's working great now. I thought that just drag/dropping the AHK file onto AutohotkeyU32.exe would fix it but I guess not. Love the editor, thanks much for your hard work Maestrith!
nnnik

11 May 2017, 15:48

I have isolated one of the issues. It seems that Methods inside classes that are below a definition of a SubClass don't end up in IntelliSense.
Recommends AHK Studio
ibfragalot

15 May 2017, 05:50

Signed in just to say this is fantastic. Thank you for your work. You probably get opinions on what people would like changed all the time, so forgive me, but this comes so close to replacing Sublime for me, if only the search functionality were a bit more polished. Needs a button for 'Next' (and ideally 'Previous) so you don't have to keep hitting enter, and generally a more reachable search window. Other than that, I'm shocked at how great an app this is, and in AHK itself! Brilliant.
runie

22 May 2017, 04:26

ibfragalot wrote:Signed in just to say this is fantastic. Thank you for your work. You probably get opinions on what people would like changed all the time, so forgive me, but this comes so close to replacing Sublime for me, if only the search functionality were a bit more polished. Needs a button for 'Next' (and ideally 'Previous) so you don't have to keep hitting enter, and generally a more reachable search window. Other than that, I'm shocked at how great an app this is, and in AHK itself! Brilliant.
CTRL+F opens the search window (obviously). Also you can press ALT+Q to focus the edit control in Quick Find to find stuff quickly.
Coderooney

29 May 2017, 01:11

I seem to be the only one with this issue as the boards/Google don't show any results, so wondering if there's an answer to these errors:

The first two come up twice each and there are "Please Wait" windows in between each error.
Four files are downloaded: SciLexer.dll, AHKStudio.ico, lib/Commands.xml, lib/Menus.xml all are 15byte files that say "404: Not Found" when opened in a text editor.

Windows 10 Pro x64
AHK 1.1.25.02
AHK-Studio.ahk from 29/05/17
Logged in as Administrator, personal home laptop
Connected to internet
Tried with AV + Firewall off
runie

29 May 2017, 08:01

Coderooney wrote:I seem to be the only one with this issue as the boards/Google don't show any results, so wondering if there's an answer to these errors:
Download the source code (.zip) from here: https://github.com/maestrith/AHK-Studio ... g/1.003.18

Not sure why your getting that error. However all the files are in the latest pre-release.
maestrith

29 May 2017, 09:50

theartofx wrote:Edit: Went through all of this thread's post again and figured out what I was doing wrong. I had AHK installed as Unicode 64bit. I uninstalled it and installed as Unicode 32bit and it's working great now. I thought that just drag/dropping the AHK file onto AutohotkeyU32.exe would fix it but I guess not. Love the editor, thanks much for your hard work Maestrith!
You are welcome :) I am trying to get things sorted with the plugins but I have been changing a lot so the plugins kind of lose priority :(

Added:
-RCM/Split Control/Direction/Toolbar
Fixed:
-Adding Toolbars used to cause issues when trying to edit them before reloading the script
-Resizing Toolbars had some issues in some cases
Donations
Discord
maestrith

29 May 2017, 09:56

ibfragalot wrote:Signed in just to say this is fantastic. Thank you for your work. You probably get opinions on what people would like changed all the time, so forgive me, but this comes so close to replacing Sublime for me, if only the search functionality were a bit more polished. Needs a button for 'Next' (and ideally 'Previous) so you don't have to keep hitting enter, and generally a more reachable search window. Other than that, I'm shocked at how great an app this is, and in AHK itself! Brilliant.
Thank you for your kind words :) I'm not quite sure what you mean by "reachable search window". As Run1e stated the Quick Find at the botton (or top if you move it) is a great way to find text within the current file. If you hit Shift+Enter while searching it will do a previous match, and Ctrl+F should be relatively helpful, if a bit cluttered. Send me a PM if you get time.
Donations
Discord
nnnik

29 May 2017, 11:20

After I updated the Studio.ahk in the AutoHotkey global include folder looks like this:

404: Not Found
Recommends AHK Studio
maestrith

29 May 2017, 21:41

nnnik wrote:After I updated the Studio.ahk in the AutoHotkey global include folder looks like this:

404: Not Found
Yea, turns out I nuked all the includes :( Thanks for reporting
Donations
Discord

Return to “AHK Studio”