How to make TEXT generate and type random words/numbers

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Msha

How to make TEXT generate and type random words/numbers

20 May 2023, 05:46

Hi, I have been struggling for a long time in Pulover's Macro Creator program - to have the program enter a randomly generated text, specified by me, when performing the "TEXT" task. I already give an example. What I want is that during the "TEXT" action, the program should choose a random number between 1 and 28. And each time, it would be drawn again. Is this possible? I found out that when typing %A_DD%, text enter the current day. But I could not find anywhere that it would enter a random number, made up by me, between 1 and 28. Thank you for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
rockitdontstopit

Re: How to make TEXT generate and type random words/numbers

20 May 2023, 10:17

You can use excel. And control it with Pulovers. Put 1-28 in a row. Highlight the numbers and use ASAP utilities to "randomize cells". Not if you want decimals. If you do put something like 1.0 and 1.1 in the top 2 cells and select them. Drag down the right bottom corner and excel will generate a 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc.
Msha

20 May 2023, 10:29

Thanks a lot, and what is ASAP?
rockitdontstopit

20 May 2023, 11:00

Google ASAP Utilities, download free version and install. It will appear on the menu bar. Filled with TONs of great macro. I used to use it all the time when I was doing SEO.
Msha

21 May 2023, 05:14

Just to clarify. If I care about PMC typing this - not copy and paste then the option with the exel is still correct?
rockitdontstopit

21 May 2023, 08:53

I asked Bing chat: how can i make ahk type one character at a time from the clipboard? Here's the answer. Don't know if it will work for you.

[Mod edit: Removed misleading ChatGPT code.]

I hope this helps.😊
gregster

21 May 2023, 09:44

@rockitdontstopit, I removed the ChatGPT code which was unrelated to the original question - which is specifically about Pulover's Macro Creator.

Also the ChatGPT code addressed neither generating random words/numbers nor did it correctly answer your own question. If you look at our forum rules, especially 4. in 'Inappropriate content', you will see that we are generally quite crtical of AI-generated code. This doesn't mean that ChatGPT is generally wrong, but at the moment we see too much nonsense code - which gets presented by the AI with great confidence.
Too often, people are posting that code without vetting it first or consulting the docs.
In your case, I would also argue that your code doesn't fit the request. While it might be "working", it doesn't answer the OP's or your own question.

In the future, this forum policy might change (giving the development speed of chat AIs, it's likely), but at the moment I would like to ask you to be more careful by copy-pasting AI-generated answers. Thank you!
rockitdontstopit

21 May 2023, 09:47

gregster wrote:
21 May 2023, 09:44
@rockitdontstopit, I removed the ChatGPT code which was unrelated to the original question - which is specifically about Pulover's Macro Creator.

Also the ChatGPT code addressed neither generating random words/numbers nor did it correctly answer your own question. If you look at our forum rules, especially 4. in 'Inappropriate content', you will see that we are generally quite crtical of AI-generated code. This doesn't mean that ChatGPT is generally wrong, but at the moment we see too much nonsense code - which gets presented by the AI with great confidence.
Too often, people are posting that code without vetting it first or consulting the docs.
In your case, I would also argue that your code doesn't fit the request. While it might be "working", it doesn't answer the OP's or your own question.

In the future, this forum policy might change (giving the development speed of chat AIs, it's likely), but at the moment I would like to ask you to be more careful by copy-pasting AI-generated answers. Thank you!
That's cool, wasn't aware.
Msha

21 May 2023, 15:05

Okey, so I'm still looking for an answer, is there a chance that in PMC, I can in the "TEXT" action add a generated random message from a base of words or numbers I specify. Something along the lines of A_DD, which shows the current day, or A_Sec, which with each "TEXT" action I enter the current second.

Could typing such a command - Random, rand, 1, 10 - work something? Or maybe this is a clue?

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”