Has Macro Creator been orphaned?

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

patbarb

Has Macro Creator been orphaned?

20 Sep 2017, 14:04

Hi, I've noticed that www.MacroCreator.com has been down for at least a couple of weeks. How long since Pulover has been active on this forum. Anyone know anything about the future of this product? I'm going to miss it big time when it's gone :( Thanks, Patrick
derz00

Re: Has Macro Creator been orphaned?

20 Sep 2017, 14:46

If you'll miss it, fork it off Github and develop it yourself :)
try it and see
patbarb

28 Sep 2017, 16:24

I think I might see one of the reasons it's not being continued. It's only fully hooked in to IE, not to other browsers, and we know that IE isn't being supported by MS anymore. From the FAQ:

--Can Macro Creator automate Firefox or Chrome as it does with Internet Explorer?
--No. Macro Creator can connect to IE because its controls are exposed via COM, but that type of interaction is not possible with other browsers in the same way. Control Commands won't work either, so you might have more luck with mouse, keystrokes and Image Search.
gregster

28 Sep 2017, 20:05

patbarb wrote:I think I might see one of the reasons it's not being continued. It's only fully hooked in to IE, not to other browsers, and we know that IE isn't being supported by MS anymore. From the FAQ:

--Can Macro Creator automate Firefox or Chrome as it does with Internet Explorer?
--No. Macro Creator can connect to IE because its controls are exposed via COM, but that type of interaction is not possible with other browsers in the same way. Control Commands won't work either, so you might have more luck with mouse, keystrokes and Image Search.
What?? MacroCreator isn't just for IE. There are many other use cases for it. Of course, it is generally preferable to learn AHK anyway.
derz00

29 Sep 2017, 11:07

Macro Creator is not "fully hooked in to IE". AHK can connect to IE with COM. IE being unsupported is another topic, but unrelated. Yes it is preferable to learn AHK. You will find it much less awkward then using the PMC.
try it and see

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”