AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Alguimist

Re: AutoGUI - GUI Designer and Script Editor

07 Jan 2017, 13:27

AutoGUI usage tips:
- To successively add a series of controls of the same type, hold the Ctrl key after choosing a control type. Then, for every click in the preview window, a control is created.
- When selecting multiple controls for alignment, the first selected control is the base for the others.
Drugwash

07 Jan 2017, 14:20

Confirmed: both issues are fixed. Great job, thank you! ;)
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Klark92

07 Jan 2017, 20:58

When I try to move button, everytime it opens editing dialog. its annoying :)
Smart Kombo 1.0 | One of the best Knight Online's key combo program...
mandus

07 Jan 2017, 22:04

Alguimist wrote:Version 1.3.3a:
- New Toolbar Editor (select Toolbar in the list of Control Types to open it).
- Control types: Tab is now Tab3 (the preview window uses Tab2 with theme, but the output is Tab3).
- The user is prompted to reload the file if it has been modified outside of AutoGUI.
- Window menu: "Fit Window to Contents".
- File menu: "New From Template" (Ctrl+T).
- Fixed the bugs related to repainting on XP and moving controls with arrow keys reported by Drugwash.
- Tools: fixed bugs in Expressive and Scripts Manager.

:arrow: Download
thank you.
Alguimist

08 Jan 2017, 13:20

@Klark92: The "Change Text" dialog pops up when a control is double-clicked. It can be disabled by commenting out line 2391 in the current version.
Klark92

08 Jan 2017, 17:01

Yes I already did that.. how can we increse that interval in dblclick func :)
Alguimist

08 Jan 2017, 20:35

@Klark92: The double-click speed can be set in the Control Panel. What value do you get with MsgBox % DllCall("GetDoubleClickTime") ?
Klark92

09 Jan 2017, 06:26

I got "500" value, I think there is a problem here:
click ctrl,
release click,
click ctrl,
>>> there is edit dialog appears
drag ctrl, >>> but I want this. because I didnt release the click event

maybe dbl click Up can solve this huh ?
CMB

11 Jan 2017, 15:09

I feel foolish, but I can't get the simplest part of this awesome script to work. I saw a brief mention about the same problem in this thread months ago, but there didn't seem to be an obvious solution.

I can't re-open the Preview window after re-loading a simple GUI. I start a new GUI, add a button, save it, and exit. I run AutoGUI again and re-open that file, and I can't get its preview window to open again. I can get a brand new GUI window by clicking on a button, which opens a new tab to design a brand new GUI window, but I want to work with the original file I just built, not build another one.

This can't be right, can it? Compared to the rest of this script, re-building the GUI preview window from the code has to be dead easy. I'm not even getting a blank preview window, or an error saying "Can't open preview window." Just, nothing happens. Is it me?

BTW, I have multiple kinds of AHK (like, H, with and without unicode, etc) installed, but when running AutoGUI I am using version 1.3.3a under Scintilla 3.6.6.0 with AutoHotKey L 1.1.24.03 Unicode 32 bit.

thanks in advance,

cb
Peter2

12 Jan 2017, 06:55

I just started to play around - Thanks a lot for this tool, it's a huge support for users with little knowledge. :thumbup:
Peter (AHK Beginner) / Win 10 x64, AHK Version v1.1.33
Superrick

18 Jan 2017, 07:46

so nice ! *_*

do you have translations of this editor? it would be nice.
Alguimist

18 Jan 2017, 14:07

@CMB: You have to inform AutoGUI that a GUI should be generated from your script. Go to File > Import GUI (Ctrl+I). Alt+F9 is the keyboard shortcut to run scripts with an alternative executable.

@Peter2: Thanks.

@Superrick: No, translations are not available.
RazorHalo

18 Jan 2017, 22:38

I jumped from v1.6 to 1.3.3a. When not using a mouse I used to be able to scroll the window up and down with swiping two fingers up and down on my touchpad, now that feature doesn't work. It still does in the earlier version and in notepad++ so think it maybe has to do with the scintilla component but cannot figure it out. Not a big deal just thought I'd report it.

Thanks again for the wonderful tool
chasbas

19 Jan 2017, 19:46

>>@CMB: You have to inform AutoGUI that a GUI should be generated from your script. Go to File > Import GUI (Ctrl+I). Alt+F9 is the keyboard shortcut to run scripts with an alternative executable.

Thanks! I just want to be clear, that I'm not missing anything...

I start with a blank file/GUI, add a button, save the file, and close it. I then re-open that file and the GUI is gone - I have to use Import and select the "Not recommended" option to get a GUI back. Right?

If that's the way it's supposed to work, then I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure it's working as intended. I thought the program might save a separate file in some internal format with the original GUI in it, so it doesn't have to be regenerated when I exit and re-open the original file.

cmb
Kal

23 Jan 2017, 06:18

chasbas wrote:>>@CMB: You have to inform AutoGUI that a GUI should be generated from your script. Go to File > Import GUI (Ctrl+I). Alt+F9 is the keyboard shortcut to run scripts with an alternative executable.

Thanks! I just want to be clear, that I'm not missing anything...

I start with a blank file/GUI, add a button, save the file, and close it. I then re-open that file and the GUI is gone - I have to use Import and select the "Not recommended" option to get a GUI back. Right?

If that's the way it's supposed to work, then I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure it's working as intended. I thought the program might save a separate file in some internal format with the original GUI in it, so it doesn't have to be regenerated when I exit and re-open the original file.

cmb
I came here to search for the same issue. It seems like an awkward way of continuing work on GUI that you'll be working on over more than one session.

How come it can't re-build GUI that you were working on previously, It seems a bit counter-intuitive?

Either way, I'll continue to use AutoGUI, I've tried the other GUI editors for AHK but this is my favourite so far.
RazorHalo

23 Jan 2017, 15:23

I've some mods to the code and this is what I use to reload complex GUI's I build with AutoGUI. This what I have modified for ver 1.3.3a - the latest version as of this post.

[CODE removed, requested by Topic author. For modifications/fork, please open a separate topic. Sorry for any inconveniences.]

It works for me. I haven't run into any issues, but every time I load a previously saved GUI I do exit and restart AutoGUI to make sure everything is reset.
I also have yet to add menu bars and status bars to my apps so not sure how they will reload.
Last edited by joedf on 11 Oct 2017, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [CODE removed, requested by Topic author. For modifications/fork, please open a separate topic. Sorry for any inconveniences.]
JackPJ

26 Jan 2017, 09:46

Hi,

could someone tell me if I'm doing something clearly wrong/stupid here?

I've just downloaded the zipped file, unzipped it and tried to run AutoGUI.ahk.

Yet all I get is the attached error?

Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks

Jack
Attachments
example.JPG
example.JPG (80.43 KiB) Viewed 10622 times
need4speed

26 Jan 2017, 11:28

after implementing razerhalos mods i'm still having issues with restoring guis via the Windows cloning tool.
eg. cloning this window does not restore the code below:

Code: Select all

; Generated by AutoGUI 1.3.3a
#NoEnv
#Warn
#SingleInstance Force
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

Gui Add, Tab3, x32 y40 w312 h202, Tab 1|Tab 2|Tab 3|Tab 4
Gui Tab, 1
Gui Add, Text, x48 y96 w120 h23 +0x200, Text1
Gui Tab, 2
Gui Add, Text, x144 y168 w120 h23 +0x200, Text2
Gui Tab, 3
Gui Add, Text, x101 y107 w120 h23 +0x200, Text3
Gui Tab, 4
Gui Add, Text, x152 y128 w120 h23 +0x200, Text4
Gui Show, w481 h285, Window
Return

GuiEscape:
GuiClose:
    ExitApp

; End of the GUI section
I don't understand why opening the ahk file itself and creating the gui from the code does not work. Preview Windows only works when creating a gui from the start.
TheDewd

26 Jan 2017, 11:28

@Jack,

Make sure that you are running a version of AutoHotkey that is v1.1.23+
Insert [, ItemToInsertBefore, NewItemName, Label-or-Submenu, Options] [v1.1.23+]
RazorHalo

26 Jan 2017, 15:32

I don't use the window cloning tool.

If you use my mods then you reload the GUI via the file menu>>Import GUI

The code would need to be created from that version of AutoGUI w/the mods to reload properly. I have a GUI I have been working on for a while that has ~100 controls on it and it reloads everything for the GUI. All variables and options and positions etc.

Return to “Old Topics”