AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
outthere

Re: AutoGUI - GUI Designer and Script Editor

04 Oct 2017, 10:57

This is AWESOME!!! I tried it and it WORKS great!
Next problem is how to make is work with the NEW version, I tried but it wanted files that don't exist anymore such as 'grippers.ahk'
RazorHalo wrote:I've some mods to the code and this is what I use to reload complex GUI's I build with AutoGUI. This what I have modified for ver 1.3.3a - the latest version as of this post.

[CODE removed, requested by Topic author. For modifications/fork, please open a separate topic. Sorry for any inconveniences.]

It works for me. I haven't run into any issues, but every time I load a previously saved GUI I do exit and restart AutoGUI to make sure everything is reset.
I also have yet to add menu bars and status bars to my apps so not sure how they will reload.
Last edited by joedf on 11 Oct 2017, 19:56, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: [CODE removed, requested by Topic author. For modifications/fork, please open a separate topic. Sorry for any inconveniences.]
Alguimist

11 Oct 2017, 10:00

Previous versions of AutoGUI removed from SourceForge. Users of outdated versions of AHK were downloading old versions of AutoGUI.
Headbanger

26 Oct 2017, 18:26

Perfect one. Dude you are my hero of the week.
Saved me a ton of time to set up a GUI for my new project ;)
Stamimail

29 Oct 2017, 17:19

Questions: How to:
1. Set AutoGUI work with portable AHK version
2. Make controls relative (when resize window)
3. Make menu editable to user (good also for Langs translations)
4. RTL - Make ui/menu RTLed
5. Also, is there a way to give the RTL translator the control to set each control LTRed/RTLed?
- this will be better to be controled by the RTL translator, since there are many cases that the controls not filped. For example: Menu is fliped (RTL view), many controls are flipped (=RTL), BUT program icon not. "Play", "Forward" icons not. Folder/File paths edit field not (=LTR). etc.
MuellerB

07 Nov 2017, 06:18

Alguimist wrote:
Zemich wrote:If I create a script, save it, try to open it again in AutoGUI and try to preview then I can't get it to show the preview at all.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to File > Import GUI.
2. Choose one of the methods. Be aware that both are in an early stage of implementation. A lot of improvements can be made.
3. Select the window (when using the Cloning Tool) or the file.
4. Edit the GUI by adding or removing controls, changing the position/size or setting options.
5. Copy from the generated code only the relevant lines and paste them into the original script, modifying where necessary.
Hi, I'm having the same problem. This is only a temporary fix, when I save and re-open the newly created file it goes back to not showing the preview.

I posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoHotkey/com ... e_running/
and in here as well: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 64&t=39483

Can you help us out in this special case? I already tried reinstalling, running on Win8 and Win10, 32/64bit to no avail.
Relayer

15 Nov 2017, 11:40

Hi,

I'm using version 1.4.9a

I noticed that if I open a .ahk file that was previously saved with AutoGui, the "Show/Hide Preview Window" doesn't work. I cannot get the child window to show unless I start a new gui.

Relayer
Alguimist

Re: AutoGUI - Script Editor and GUI Designer

20 Nov 2017, 19:27

@Relayer: See what to do here and here.

Release of AutoGUI 2.0.

21 Nov 2017, 22:43

Is it possible to switch between windows within the same script?
kczx3

22 Nov 2017, 10:08

Has anyone made customizations to Editor.ahk to change the theme for the syntax highlighting?

EDIT: I am working on editing the theme and don't see a style for operators. Ideas?
friuns

27 Dec 2017, 16:27

crashes very often when saving file, and doesn't have auto formating
Alguimist

27 Dec 2017, 17:38

@friuns: Not in my tests. What version? What do you call "auto formating"?
MrJamesEMcBride

Cannot resize left column in editor

31 Jan 2018, 11:44

Hello,
I cannot be the only one with this problem. In the Design Mode, I cannot resize the leftmost Controls column.

Can anyone help with this?

-Thanks in advance
Alguimist

31 Jan 2018, 16:25

MrJamesEMcBride wrote:In the Design Mode, I cannot resize the leftmost Controls column.
The area between the list of controls and the editor cannot be dragged to resize the list. Are you able to properly visualize the controls? AutoGUI has not yet been adapted to high-DPI scaling.

In Constantine (one of the tools included with AutoGUI) I have implemented a simple splitter because the TreeView may exceed the length of the viewable area.
MrJamesEMcBride

31 Jan 2018, 16:42

I was reading through some other posts, and I have concluded that is the answer.....I have a high-DPI display.

Thus far, the handling of high-DPI displays has been horrendous (within Windows itself!) - this is the first time that I have ever had a 4K display (on my new work laptop), and I hate it.....I want my old laptop back!

Thank you for your help. My home computers do not have 4K displays, so this issue does not hurt me at home, thankfully.
gruen66

01 Feb 2018, 06:48

Hi Alguimist,

just playin around with the toolbar. I can define a toolbar button witch is disabled when the toolbar is created

Code: Select all

CreateToolbar() {
    ImageList := IL_Create(4)
    IL_Add(ImageList, "shell32.dll", 4)

Buttons = 
    (LTrim
        Project
        -
        Test,, DISABLED
        Tata
    )

Return ToolbarCreate("OnToolbar", Buttons, ImageList, "Flat List Tooltips")
}
but i can't figure how to enable the disabled button on run time? Can anyone help with this?

-Thanks in advance
Alguimist

01 Feb 2018, 14:51

Define an ID for the button. The button has 5 parameters: Text, IconIndex, State, Style, ID.

Test,, DISABLED,, 1000

The toolbar button can be enabled or disabled with SendMessage. wParam is the identifier of the button and lParam must be True if you want the button enabled.

SendMessage 0x401, 1000, 1,, ahk_id %hToolbar% ; TB_ENABLEBUTTON

The variable hToolbar must be declared Global if you want to access it from a function.
WuffTheCoder

25 Feb 2018, 11:47

can someone please give me an mirror link of the download sourceforge isnt working for me!
Drugwash

25 Feb 2018, 12:01

Please find AutoGUI-2.2.0.7z at my repository here (Swedish host).
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Stema

30 Mar 2018, 03:23

Hi Alguimist,

great tool for developing AHK code :-).

Is it just me that has issues with saving new code with the most recent version (2.2.0.7)?

Open tab -> Untitled -> writing some AHK code -> File -> Save As -> entering a name (with or without .ahk) -> save

Nothing gets saved for me and the save window comes back every time with the name blanked out.
As soon as the codetab has a name, i.e. from loading it with AutoGUI already it saves allright as far as I have seen.

Cheers, Stema

Return to “Old Topics”