Help with GUIs

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Maasq

Help with GUIs

09 Jun 2017, 14:49

Hi folks

I am really impressed with this, but there's stuff I don't understand. I was hoping to get a little guidance if possible. Is there a userguide somewhere?

What I want is a text box that displays a variable when the UI is called. Is this possible within the confines of AutoGUI? Or do i need to design the interface first then handcode stuff like that?

Thank you for any help, pointers, abuse :)

Maasq
Maasq
Author of Engineer Suite (Written in AHK)
www.masq.net
Alguimist

Re: Help with GUIs

09 Jun 2017, 21:04

As you said, you have to design the interface first. There's no user guide for AutoGUI yet. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Maasq

11 Jun 2017, 12:03

Thank you, both for your reply and your willingness to help :)
I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. For now I need to play and break it a few times just to see how it all works. The UI was always the hardest part of any project I messed about on. I've just started programming again after 20+ years, and I'm loving AutoHotKey and the community - this tool will hopefully save me a ton of work by hand.

One question I have - and I know you have answered versions of this a lot, so bear with me - is there any way to save a project and continue working on it? Is this what 'save session' and 'load session' are for?

I know about importing, and if that's the only method I am fine with it.

Cheers for now!
Maasq
www.masq.net
Maasq

11 Jun 2017, 15:10

Actually - a second question. Is there a way to control TAB order between lots of input boxes? Or does it just happen in order of creation?
Maasq
www.masq.net
Alguimist

11 Jun 2017, 16:01

If the script you are working on is a GUI and you want to modify it later, AutoGUI provides two methods: cloning and parsing. There are limitations in both, so the idea is to copy and paste to the original script only the affected parts.

"Save Session" saves a list of the files currently opened that can be later re-opened in the "Load Session" menu.

Tab order is determined by the order of creation. You may need to move some lines once the script is finished.
Maasq

12 Jun 2017, 14:58

Brilliant, thank you for all the answers :)
Maasq
www.masq.net

Return to “Old Topics”