AutoGUI 2.5

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Alguimist

Re: AutoGUI 2.0

08 Jan 2018, 07:06

Version 2.1.7:
- MagicBox is now included with the tools.
- Auto-save could be crashing AutoGUI and has been turned off by default.
- Minor bug fixes.

:arrow: Download
apoklyps3

11 Jan 2018, 00:47

Thank you for your amazing work.
Question: Any hopes for it to get "add ahk code" to buttons function?
Alguimist

11 Jan 2018, 05:42

apoklyps3 wrote:Question: Any hopes for it to get "add ahk code" to buttons function?
You can define a g-Label or function name for the button in the properties dialog and then write the code for it after the delimiter of the generated code. But it is more convenient to finish designing the GUI first, to start writing the code, preferably on a new tab.
Drugwash

18 Jan 2018, 15:03

Just bumped into an issue: certain hotkeys are screwed up. Wanted to type a pipe | which on RO layout pertains to AltGr+W (or Ctrl+Alt+W) and instead the script wants to close the file (which has the Ctrl+W hotkey). I can't use the script now. Going back to SmartGuiCreator mod until this is fixed.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Alguimist

18 Jan 2018, 16:40

Please see if the following works. Replace line 2526 in the current version with:

Code: Select all

CtrlP := GetKeyState("Ctrl", "P") && !GetKeyState("vkA5", "P")
Thanks for reporting this issue.
Drugwash

18 Jan 2018, 16:58

Yes, that fixes it. Thanks for the prompt response and fix.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Alguimist

09 Feb 2018, 04:55

Version 2.2.0:
- New tool: Find in Files.
- Sessions: the active tab is now remembered.
- Improvements in the Font dialog.
- Upcoming built-in variables were added to A_Variables and Keywords.ahk.
- Minor bug fixes.

Note: the default font of AutoGUI is Lucida Console 10, but it looks better and the code is more readable with size 14 when the window is maximized. To change the font go to View > Change Editor Font.
kczx3

09 Feb 2018, 11:08

A couple suggestions... When the Duplicate line shortcut is used, the cursor should move to the end of the newly added line. Similarly, when you move a line up or down, the cursor should stay with that moved line. It is more common that a line needs to be moved up or down several lines opposed to just one.

P.S. Would love for the ability to add themes for the syntax highlighting opposed to just modifying Editor.ahk.

Just as a quick example, here are some updated functions inside Editor.ahk that do what I am requesting, as well as supporting moving multiple lines together.

Code: Select all

DuplicateLine() {
    n := TabEx.GetSel()
    Sci[n].LineDuplicate()
    CurPos := Sci[n].GetCurrentPos()
    CurCol := Sci[n].GetColumn(CurPos)
    Line := Sci[n].LineFromPosition(CurPos) + 1

; Move cursor to new line and set the cursor pos to same column as before
    Sci[n].GoToLine(Line)
    NewPos := Sci[n].GetCurrentPos()
    Sci[n].GoToPos(NewPos + CurCol)
}

MoveLineUp() {
    SelLength := Sci[n].GetSelText() - 1
    Sci[n].MoveSelectedLinesUp()

; If there is no selection, maintain the cursor position
    if (!SelLength) {
    }
}

MoveLineDown() {
    SelLength := Sci[n].GetSelText() - 1
    Sci[n].MoveSelectedLinesDown()

; If there is no selection, maintain the cursor position
    if (!SelLength) {
    }
}
Alguimist

09 Feb 2018, 15:22

kczx3 wrote:When the Duplicate line shortcut is used, the cursor should move to the end of the newly added line.
I think that in most situations you will notice that a line should be duplicated while still writing it :think:. Scintilla editors keep the cursor in the same position while non-Scintilla editors move the cursor to the new line.
kczx3 wrote:when you move a line up or down, the cursor should stay with that moved line.
You are right and I changed that for the next version.
kczx3 wrote:Would love for the ability to add themes for the syntax highlighting opposed to just modifying Editor.ahk.
I made tests with a dark theme using the colors you provided for the Monokai theme loaded from an ini file. It is a work in progress.
kczx3

09 Feb 2018, 15:51

Alguimist wrote: I think that in most situations you will notice that a line should be duplicated while still writing it :think:. Scintilla editors keep the cursor in the same position while non-Scintilla editors move the cursor to the new line.
You're right, I think I just meant it should move to the newly created line.
gallaxhar1

21 Feb 2018, 20:04

Every time I come back to this project the improvement is spectacular!

Would be cool if it had a 'view function list' which would iterate all the functions in the script, clicking one would jump you to that function

Would be cool if there was a hotkey to paste the Code Tooltips text into the editor

The fold margin collapse and expand boxes look '3D' but the vertical lines look '2D' ascii, would be cool if they matched (like notepad++)
hasantr

11 Mar 2018, 04:46

Thank you, a very nice tool for development.
kczx3

28 Mar 2018, 14:18

It'd be nice to have an option to specify running and debugging with AHK V2. I added it to AutoGui.ini as the AltRun setting but also modified Menu.ahk to add an item for running via the Menu in addition to the Alt+F9 shortcut.
kczx3

30 Mar 2018, 20:15

Do you have documentation available yet for all the features of AutoGui? I didn't see any on SourceForge. I just now realized that the lexer has items for comment documentation similar to JSDoc. I'm not certain what exactly it is looking for though.

I know that it has to start with "/**". Quoted items in a comment doc are colored differently. As are lines that contain an @. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Alguimist

06 Apr 2018, 06:21

gallaxhar1 wrote:Would be cool if there was a hotkey to paste the Code Tooltips text into the editor
There is: Ctrl + Insert.
gallaxhar1 wrote:The fold margin collapse and expand boxes look '3D' but the vertical lines look '2D' ascii, would be cool if they matched (like notepad++)
I changed the code folding boxes to the default style as you suggested. Not only for a consistent style, but because there is another disadvantage on the use of the XPM icons: they do not resize according to the font size and so there is a small gap between the folding button and the consecutive vertical line.
hasantr wrote:Thank you, a very nice tool for development.
kczx3 wrote:It'd be nice to have an option to specify running and debugging with AHK V2.
Debugging with Alt+F5 is now possible for the alternative executable in the newest version.
kczx3 wrote:I added it to AutoGui.ini as the AltRun setting but also modified Menu.ahk to add an item for running via the Menu in addition to the Alt+F9 shortcut.
You should avoid modifying Menu.ahk or you will have to modify it every time a new version is available. The only customizable menu in AutoGUI is Tools. It can be modified with the Tools Dialog (Tools > Configure Tools). Remember to specify the parameter "{FILENAME}".
kczx3 wrote:Do you have documentation available yet for all the features of AutoGui?
No, but I will start to work on it eventually. It has been delayed thus far because I think that only a few features require explanation. Anyway, a detailed description is needed.
kczx3 wrote:I just now realized that the lexer has items for comment documentation similar to JSDoc. I'm not certain what exactly it is looking for though.
See the highlight test file created by RaptorX.
Alguimist

06 Apr 2018, 06:42

Version 2.2.5:
- New: Dark Theme (View > Enable Dark Theme). Colors proposed by kczx3 based on the Monokai theme.
- Redesigned Tools Dialog.
- Bug fixed in the menu item File > Save As.
- Improvements in Move Line Up/Down. Credits to kczx3.
- Debugging can be made with the alternative executable (Alt+F5).
- Code folding buttons were restored to the default look, instead of custom icons.
- The Size Checker tool was renamed to Verifier.

BriHecato

10 Apr 2018, 02:50

Defiantely need more themes or quick guide how to set it "my way" - white objects on black background are good for CAD not for CODE (such letters burn my eyes :P).
My current syntax.

And second - where's paypal donate button?
Alguimist

13 Apr 2018, 13:24

BriHecato wrote:Defiantely need more themes or quick guide how to set it "my way"...
Theme customization is still being planned. It will be implemented in a future version.
BriHecato wrote:And second - where's paypal donate button?
There isn't.
joedf

14 Apr 2018, 15:48

Haven't had the time to check but are SciTE4AHK themes compatible with this? Since, they both use SciTE, no? maybe the lexer is somewhat different from yours?
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
kczx3

14 Apr 2018, 20:10

Alguimist, I vaguely recall you mentioning that you want to rewrite the lexer used in this project. Do you also have plans to add a lexer for AHK v2 syntax? It doesn't differ too much but you could basically ignore command syntax.

Return to “Old Topics”