Box/rectangular selection and edition?

Open source general-purpose IDE, lightweight text editor. Previously known as AutoGUI.
Horus

Box/rectangular selection and edition?

02 Nov 2021, 10:00

Hello,

In a box selection (also called rectangular selection) in Adventure IDE, is it possible to do multiple edition in the selection? Like in Visual Studio Code as shown in this video:
https://youtu.be/ONLERMB-DQw?t=36

Actually, after I have made the box selection, when I started to type, only the last line is being edited. I have the feeling that it's not possible.

Thanks
Alguimist

Re: Box/rectangular selection and edition?

20 Nov 2021, 16:49

Horus wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 10:00
In a box selection (also called rectangular selection) in Adventure IDE, is it possible to do multiple edition in the selection?
Adventure IDE has support for multiple selection, multiple typing (exactly as shown in the video) and multiple pasting. This feature must be enabled, though: Options > Enable Multiple Selection.
Horus

Re: Box/rectangular selection and edition?

19 Dec 2021, 17:12

Alguimist wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 16:49
Adventure IDE has support for multiple selection, multiple typing (exactly as shown in the video) and multiple pasting. This feature must be enabled, though: Options > Enable Multiple Selection.
Can you enable the "multiple selection" by default in the next version? Why on Earth would someone not like this function by default? ;)

And in user's viewpoint, there's something not correct with the current behaviour. Look at this way:

* We make a rectangular selection. We press the DEL key. All the lines are deleted.
* We make a rectangular selection. We press the A key. ONLY one line gets changed.

Can you see the inconsistent behaviour in both situations? In user's viewpoint, this is not good.

OK, maybe programmatically the "multiple selection" has to be enabled to do the change in all the lines. In this case, let me suggest the following:
1. When a rectangular selection is done, implicitly enable "multiple selection".
2. When the rectangular selection is gone, put back the current setting of "multiple selection", whether it's on or off.

Return to “Adventure IDE”