Theme10 - win10 (and probably others) High Contrast theme creator.

Post AHK_H specific scripts & libraries and discuss the usage and development of HotKeyIt's fork/branch
tidbit

Theme10 - win10 (and probably others) High Contrast theme creator.

24 Mar 2017, 13:43

Theme10
v1.1
Download | Screenshot
(requires ahk_h)

About:
Don't make your eyes bleed with bright OS windows.
I wanted to make a theme for win10, only way is high-contrast. Built-in theme options are limited and no preview, so I made this.
It might also work for Classic theme (the win98 look). but win10 removed that style option so I cannot test. If it does, it should give access to more color options. High Contrast only seems to use a few of them.
More info is on github.

NOTICE:
- Tested on win10 64bit home.
- Once you apply a theme, your start menu might become unresponsive for 5-10 seconds. That's not my fault.
- Not all windows will look the same. Many programs theme stuff differently, or override defaults. So like all High Contrast themes, it'll probably look ugly on some/most windows. Don't blame me. Also, this was made for Windows 10. The created themes may or may not work on older OS's.

History:
Spoiler
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
HotKeyIt

Re: Theme10 - win10 (and probably others) High Contrast theme creator.

24 Mar 2017, 18:17

That looks really great, thanks for sharing. (already using Delightful Sprout.theme :) )
Would be good to have a button to apply theme (Run ...\Test Theme.theme), it was not obvious that theme needs to be saved and double clicked / opened first before 'Show Test Window' would show the new theme ;)
tidbit

24 Mar 2017, 19:10

I was going to add a button to apply it, but just in the very off chance something happened, I didn't want it to be my programs fault for screwing up the apply. Didn't want my program incharge of changing OS settings, just create the file(s). I might reconsider. Applying is also covered on github readme.

Also, the "Show Test Window" window has some text in the menu bar explaining so :) This is also why I have the preview window to the side, because you can't apply a theme to just 1 window, afaik. Needed to simulate it.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
HotKeyIt

24 Mar 2017, 21:01

How about including test window in the code, something like this:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

tidbit

25 Mar 2017, 10:26

Fancy. I did plan on a tabbed UI for preview/test window, but just got too lazy to copy/paste :P I do like this more. I'll keep it. Thanks!

I'll add the Apply feature aswell.

edit: gui, add, gui is a thing? :o don't see it in the docs. I should be using that, with auto size stuff. my way feels laggy.
edit edit: I guess I can't. the scrollbar from the sidebar seems to get applied to the main window, so everything scrolls. That's not good.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
tidbit

25 Mar 2017, 16:13

update:
* embedded test window
* creates required files if non-existent
* altered the preview window a bit
* added a better GUID generating system
* added drag-and-drop onto the UI
* there is now an Apply button in the File menu
* other minor things that I don't feel like typing.

added a new theme too.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*

Return to “AutoHotkey_H”