Running ahk_L and ahk_H at the same time

Post AHK_H specific scripts & libraries and discuss the usage and development of HotKeyIt's fork/branch
TheBigFut

Running ahk_L and ahk_H at the same time

13 Feb 2020, 12:49

Hello everyone.

I've been using AutoHotKey_L for a while now, so I already wrote down some codes I use every day.

Recently, I figured out that for a specific code I had in mind I needed a function like "exec" in python. Unfortunately, it looked like AutoHotKey_L didn't have any way to do it, but _H has a function just for that. So I installed AutoHotKey_H and discovered that yes, the new function works perfectly but that I will need to modify my old codes to the new syntax (they have different syntax, right? Because in many cases I get an error until I change to a new syntax)

Now, I could re-write all my codes, but I prefer not doing it as it will take really long time. So, is there a way to run some codes written in _L and at the same time write some others in _H? In this way, I could just write the new code I need in _H without modifying the old ones.

Thank you very much!
guest3456

Re: Running ahk_L and ahk_H at the same time

13 Feb 2020, 13:21

TheBigFut wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 12:49
So I installed AutoHotKey_H and discovered that yes, the new function works perfectly but that I will need to modify my old codes to the new syntax (they have different syntax, right? Because in many cases I get an error until I change to a new syntax)
did you download AHK_H version 1 or version 2? v1 should have the same syntax as AHK_L. v2 has the same syntax as AHK v2

TheBigFut

Re: Running ahk_L and ahk_H at the same time

13 Feb 2020, 15:55

I re-installed everything and now it's working fine. (I was working with version 1 of both)

Thank you very much!

Return to “AutoHotkey_H”