[AHK_H v2] Native multi-threading using thread local storage (without AutoHotkey.dll)

Discuss the development of AutoHotkey_H
arcticir

Re: [AHK_H v2] Native multi-threading using thread local storage (without AutoHotkey.dll)

12 Apr 2016, 11:35

Thanks.

I slightly modified: :)

Code: Select all

exethread(s:="",p:=""){
	return lib:=GetModuleHandle(),{(""):ThreadID:=NewThread(s,p)
	  ,_ahkFunction:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkFunction"),"s==sttttttttttui","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,ThreadID)
	  ,_ahkPostFunction:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkPostFunction"),"i==sttttttttttui","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkFunction:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkFunction"),"s==sssssssssssui","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkPostFunction:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkPostFunction"),"i==sssssssssssui","",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,ThreadID)
	  ,addFile:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"addFile"),"ut==siui","",0,ThreadID)
	  ,addScript:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"addScript"),"ut==siui","",0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkExec:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkExec"),"ut==sui","",ThreadID)
	  ,ahkExecuteLine:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkExecuteLine"),"ut==utuiuiui",0,0,0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkFindFunc:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkFindFunc"),"ut==sui","",ThreadID)
	  ,ahkFindLabel:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkFindLabel"),"ut==sui","",ThreadID)
	  ,ahkgetvar:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkgetvar"),"s==suiui","",0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkassign:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkassign"),"s==ssui","","",ThreadID)
	  ,ahkLabel:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkLabel"),"ui==suiui","",0,ThreadID)
	  ,ahkPause:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkPause"),"ui==sui","",ThreadID)
	  ,ahkIsUnicode:DynaCall(GetProcAddress(lib,"ahkIsUnicode"),"ui==")}
}

this.hThreadID:=NewThread("global A_ParentThread`nA_ParentThread(){`nstatic _:=A_ParentThread()`nA_ParentThread:=ObjShare(" ObjShare(new _ThreadClass) ")`nObjShare(" ObjShare(this) ").RegisterThread(ObjShare(ThreadObj_Class()))`n}`n" script,cmdLine)
look forward to solve memory problems .

-------------

Also, I have an idea I have said to you: to increase the definition of the title.
I found that for multi-threaded, it has a huge role.
It allows us to easily identify the thread.
For example, it is clear to know which thread pops up "MsgBox"

NewThread(Script, cmdLine:="", title:="")
a_ahktitle
Although we can use GlobalStruct () modify it,
But it uses too much time.

-------------
Also, About thread parameters
In my experience, many threads need to pass parameters. Otherwise, it takes more time to take the initiative to get the data.
We can support it?
Its difficulty is to pass object parameters

NewThread(Script, cmdLine:="", title:="", param:="")
a_ahkparam
For example the menu , it uses five threads. Parameter will reduce the interaction data.
nnnik

Re: [AHK_H v2] Native multi-threading using thread local storage (without AutoHotkey.dll)

12 Apr 2016, 13:07

I'm not sure if you know about this already, but if the main Thread of AutoHotkey terminates before any of the children then we get a rather weird behavior.
But that brings up another Problem.
How are you going to handle Script Termination?
Recommends AHK Studio
HotKeyIt

12 Apr 2016, 14:10

I have improved ExeThread even more and implemented parameter for Title/A_ScriptName in newthread.

@nnnik: Main thread tries to exit all threads before exiting, if threads don't exit within around 1 second main threads terminates.
HotKeyIt

12 Apr 2016, 17:51

arcticir wrote:Also, About thread parameters
In my experience, many threads need to pass parameters. Otherwise, it takes more time to take the initiative to get the data.
We can support it?
Simply pass an object pointer or include the pointer in script.

obj:=CriticalObject({test:"Hello World!"})
NewThread("obj:=CriticalObject(A_Args.1)`nMsgBox `% obj.test",(&obj) "","Test")
MsgBox end

obj:=CriticalObject({test:"Hello World!"})
NewThread("obj:=CriticalObject(" (&obj) ")`nMsgBox `% obj.test",,"Test")
MsgBox end
arcticir

13 Apr 2016, 00:30

I was so resolved, but I think some trouble. :D

I feel the need to make "A_ParentThread" having a "global and static" attribute .

this.hThreadID:=NewThread("global A_ParentThread`nA_ParentThread(){`nstatic 
In order to avoid this situation :

test(){
static x:=A_ParentThread.xxxx
}

@nnnik My method is more complicated. Using threads Console and PUM menu. But not difficult.
HotKeyIt

13 Apr 2016, 05:23

I have modified ExeThread() function to allow passing a threadID instead creating a Thread :)
Therefore the first parameter must be empty string and second parameter the threadID.

var:="test"
NewThread("A_ParentThread:=ExeThread(`"`"," GetCurrentThreadId() ")`nMsgBox `% A_ParentThread.ahkgetvar.var")
MsgBox End
arcticir

13 Apr 2016, 06:34

thanks.
Must be resolved , memory cleanup problem , otherwise all talk . :(
arcticir

14 Apr 2016, 12:17

If this problem can not be resolved , then we only use AutoHotkey.dll approach. Reuse threads to save memory.
HotKeyIt

16 Apr 2016, 07:37

Fixed some bugs and added ahkReady support + ahkReady method to ExeThread().
HotKeyIt

17 Apr 2016, 17:51

Update wrote:Improved exiting threads and added ahkterminate() method to exit thread created by ExeThread()
Barbossa155

25 Apr 2016, 09:17

oh nice
i replaced only the Autohotkey.exe from w64 folder

i tried your first example @ startpost and it says me something like

what is to do?
thx
HotKeyIt

25 Apr 2016, 14:52

There was a bug and example was not updated to use correct syntax, download new version and try new example from first post ;)
HotKeyIt

25 Apr 2016, 23:55

I have changed back to use MSVCR100.dll for all modules and removed AutoHotkeySC.bin.
HotKeyIt

29 Apr 2016, 13:55

I have implemented multi-threaded Objects and removed CriticalObject as there is no need for it anymore, the objects will be now always invoked in the thread which created them.
HotKeyIt

07 May 2016, 05:53

I have reverted and fixed CriticalObject() and fixed Title for NewThread as well as a fix for SimpleHeap.
HotKeyIt

08 May 2016, 02:37

I have improved exported functions and fixed some bugs when exiting script. Also fixed AhkExported() to work for main script.

Return to “Development”