Any tutorials on AHK_H?

Ask for help, how to use AHK_H, etc.
Miguel7

Any tutorials on AHK_H?

05 Jan 2017, 01:02

Hey there,

I finally got AHK_H installed, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation of what functions autohotkey.dll actually includes. I'm wondering about this because I'm considering using it in a C# project (and being a statically-typed language I need this info to set up my DllImport calls). I'm also a bit confused about the 3 versions of the project, cryptically nicknames "Win32a", Win32w" and "x64w"; I understand x64 vs x86, but 32a, 32w and 64w? :lol: I downloaded the documentation from their GitHub link, but it seems to be for using AHK - not the DLL. I also found an old-school .chm file, but there doesn't seem to be anything in it (maybe because I'm on Windows 10? idk if .chm files are even supported anymore lol).

So I'm kinda stuck here... I suppose I could use a program like Dependency Walker to get the list of DLL function names, but there's got to be more info on it than that. And since I still occasionally see people asking about it here I bet I just haven't found it yet. :lol:
guest3456

Re: Any tutorials on AHK_H?

05 Jan 2017, 01:45

not cryptic at all
a = ansi
w = unicode
.chm works in win10 of course
ahk_H features/functions here: https://hotkeyit.github.io/v2/docs/AHKH_Features.htm

Miguel7

07 Jan 2017, 16:36

Oh, okay, "w" and "a" correspond to the letters at the end of some C/C++ functions I've seen; I had no idea what they meant, since I was usually using AHK to call them and my C++ skills are intermediate at best :lol:). But anyway, this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

But I'm still a bit confused about how to use it; the docs don't give any parameter or return types (which is important in some languages); and since the docs talk about commands, I figured I'd try running some from the command prompt (i.e. "AutoHotKey MsgBox Awesome!") and that didn't work. Back to the docs: all the examples seem to suggest you're supposed to write scripts in a language with "command" syntax similar to AHK_L (not use them from other languages).

Guess I should have been more specific lol; my whole point for asking about AHK_H is so I can use AHK functionality from other languages. :)
HotKeyIt

07 Jan 2017, 18:52

Have a look here, is this what you are looking for?
The parameters are described in docs, for example ahkdll, you can also use the COM-Interface.

Return to “Ask for Help”