Compiled script instantly fails / triggers Windows Error Reporting on some machines

Ask for help, how to use AHK_H, etc.
5ball

Compiled script instantly fails / triggers Windows Error Reporting on some machines

16 Jan 2018, 21:47

I have compiled scripts (from the same AHK_H origin) running on a few hundred computers (XP, win7, win8, win10) with no issues. But I've run across 3 users (running Windows10, FWIW. Not sure that is relevant) who cannot run compiled scripts.
This issue happens even if the compiled script is only a single line message box:

Clicking the .exe doesn't seem to even load an icon in the task bar. Nothing happens. A view of Task Manager shows that when the .exe is clicked some 'Windows Error Reporting' processes start, as well as an 'Application Error'.

I have some Windows log files for these from a user (Russian lang) who is having this issue.

Report.wer

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

WER5D97.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

HotKeyIt

Re: Compiled script instantly fails / triggers Windows Error Reporting on some machines

17 Jan 2018, 17:51

Can you compile simple script using latest version and test again (with and without compression)?
5ball

Re: Compiled script instantly fails / triggers Windows Error Reporting on some machines

18 Jan 2018, 20:12

OK, I've installed the newest version (including newest compiler)

Test scripts that only have a msgbox
Test 1 - New version, with MPRESS and Encrypt + Compression.
Test 2 - New version, without MPRESS but with Encrypt + Compression
Test 3 - New version without MPRESS and without Encrypt + Compression

None of the test scripts work.
Same result (Windows Error Reporting + Application Error and script never starts) .
HotKeyIt

31 Jan 2018, 18:43

Unfortunately not, I would need to be able to reproduce that, probably they have a problem with windows.
Can you ask them to update their windows and test again.
Taurus

15 Feb 2018, 17:49

Hi, i got the same problems. Some Win and Win Servers are not able to run them. (~5% from some thousand computers) I still don't know why. All systems are running well. The problem is still staying, although reinstalling the OS.

Try V1.1.24 from May 23, 2016. It's working an all systems.

Download it from here: https://github.com/HotKeyIt/ahkdll-v1-release/tree/4039a3b5eb74f4836ed5eeea3d3c39280b505000

@HotKeyIt: Is there any information, that would help you to fix that? Some diagnostic-tool?
Dev for a better world :) > PHP for Web > AHK H for Local > with KISS (Keep it Short and Simple) on Win 10 Pro (Version 1709) x64
HotKeyIt

17 Feb 2018, 08:45

The best would be to be able to run debugger on one of those systems via Teamviewer or similar.

Return to “Ask For Help”