Simple Control Placements in AutoHotKey GUIs

Helpful script writing tricks and HowTo's
Joe Glines

Simple Control Placements in AutoHotKey GUIs

09 Dec 2015, 08:08

I typically stay away from GUIs because I find them overly confusing to create and time-consuming to update. I recently learned how to take advantage of some built in functionality that greatly reduces the time it takes to keep controls positioned well on a GUI. I found the documentation hard to interpret/follow so I made short video walking through how they work.

YouTube Video

For what it's worth- the re-writing/highlighting of GUI placements is below.
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Joe Glines

Re: Simple Control Placements in AutoHotKey GUIs

16 Dec 2015, 09:46

Thanks evilC! While doing the above I was also playing with Anchor and AutoXYWH. At some point I'll probably do some basic videos there as I found them hard to follow. Over the holidays I'll take a look the link you provided.

On a side note, I have talked to quite a few programmers (mainly Python programmers, but some from Java and other languages). I was very surprised to see how few programmers actually build GUIs. I was happy to hear that many felt GUIs were a different (programming) animal all - together.
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!

Return to “Tutorials (v1)”