[tutorial request] Advanced DllCall

Helpful script writing tricks and HowTo's
Miguel7

[tutorial request] Advanced DllCall

13 Dec 2014, 07:13

Hi guys,

As some of you may know, I've asked a lot of questions related to problems with DllCall lately, and I wasn't sure where else to ask this ("Wish List" is for new AHK features, "Ask For Help" is for specific problems etc). Basically, I'd like to take my DllCall skills to the next level, and I can't do that right now because of important differences between AHK and C++.

I found a great beginners' tutorial on the old site, but there is so much more to it than that. I run across questions that aren't covered in the docs; like what if one of the parameters is an int that's part of an enumeration, or a structure, or something else that isn't on the list of types? Another example: I've seen scripts where they put these funky "hex" codes in the DLL/function part (like 0x001CF71); I know you can put numbers there (a reference to the memory address or something like that), but what are those codes? And don't get me started on the errors - Right now the bug of the day is "access violation", whatever the heck that means. :lol:

Now I have experience programming in other languages (Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript and others) in addition to AHK. I even know a little C++ too, tho not enough to do much beyond simple console apps. So I'm not a total newbie, but there doesn't seem to be much info out there geared toward intermediate-to-advanced programmers like me. So if anyone could put something like that together, or knows of one that already exists, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks. :)
Last edited by Miguel7 on 13 Dec 2014, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
nnnik

Re: [tutorial request] Advanced DllCall

13 Dec 2014, 08:41

Hey I think I can help you :)
Recommends AHK Studio
Miguel7

13 Dec 2014, 14:41

Thanks nnnik. Looking forward to it. :)

Thanks also to whoever moved this topic to the right page. I thought it might fit here, but when I looked at other posts on this page I thought it was just for finished tutorials.
nnnik

13 Dec 2014, 14:51

I already finished it :)
Its the !42 Tutorial
Recommends AHK Studio

Return to “Tutorials (v1)”