Web Scraping with AutoHotkey & COM Tutorial- GUI syntax writer and demo videos

Helpful script writing tricks and HowTo's
wolf_II

Re: WebScraping and COM- GUI syntax writer and demo videos

28 Nov 2015, 13:03

@subodhjoshi: Thank you very much for the link. (iWB2Learner from sourceforge)
Much appreciated. :thumbup:
kon

28 Nov 2015, 14:07

iWB2Learner <-- source code available here. (Note: there is a syntax error: an extra ) on line 547)
The " 32bit / 64bit" links are dead and the "Hosted on AHKSCRIPT.ORG" link is 404, but the other link to the source works.

Also required:
Acc Library
Anchor

It would be nice if this was all hosted on this site. There is already a page for it here [link], but it just links to other sources.
ahkDustVorteX

02 Jan 2016, 08:16

WOW!
This is really a good article. It is helping me a lot! Thanks Joe_Glines! :mrgreen:
Editor: Notepad++
"Those who wait and persist, always achieve."
SnowFlake

02 Jan 2016, 10:56

wow Great job!!!!

this is very handy and i love your videos :D
:yawn:
Joe Glines

02 Jan 2016, 15:03

Thanks SnowFlake and ahkDustVorteX ! :)
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
ahkDustVorteX

04 Jan 2016, 10:54

Hello everyone, jethrow and Joe,
I have a question regarding to DOM modified by javascript.
If I need to access several inputs made by javascript code inside a HTML, can an AHK script recognize those dynamic changes? I am struggling to detect those fields in a webpage. :think:
Thanks!
Editor: Notepad++
"Those who wait and persist, always achieve."
Joe Glines

04 Jan 2016, 11:13

I believe so but am no expert on this in particular. Can you provide an example URL and what you're trying to do?

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
gilliduck

08 Jan 2016, 06:19

We need a like button on here. Just played with the com writer you made and that is amazeballs!
Bruttosozialprodukt

08 Jan 2016, 08:53

Instead of iWB2Learner I would recommend to use the developer tools of your browser. I'd also bet that there are browser addons that do exactly what iWB2Learner does and more.
Joe Glines

08 Jan 2016, 09:00

There are definitely a plethera of available tools. For simplicity sake, I like the iWB2Learner tool. Other tools have a ton more options /share a lot more values however, for noobs, it is quite overwhelming (and often un-needed)

YouTube

Bruttosozialprodukt

08 Jan 2016, 11:42

I think it would be a good idea to rewrite the iWB2Learner. There are a lot of cool things it could do. I've seen way too many scripts relying on the index causing scripts to break way too easily.
If the url to the source code would work I would probably give it a try, but for some reason it just doesn't... at least for me.
kon

08 Jan 2016, 12:11

Bruttosozialprodukt wrote:If the url to the source code would work I would probably give it a try, but for some reason it just doesn't... at least for me.
Try it without the https.
Bruttosozialprodukt

08 Jan 2016, 12:24

neat, totally did the job. thanks :)
Joe Glines

14 Jan 2016, 17:18

Thanks Bruttosozialprodukt! I'm playing with it. I love that the zoom level doesn't affect the highlighted area! That was always annoying with the Learner tool. Personally I don't like the transparency but I'll let others talk to that side of things. Thanks for posting it here! I hope it helps some people (and me!)

YouTube

Bruttosozialprodukt

14 Jan 2016, 17:22

Thanks. :) Well, the transparency was just a random idea of mine, I'll probably just remove it with the next release.
Joe Glines

14 Jan 2016, 17:23

Yep- no worries. I'd also through in a #SingleInstance, Force command...

YouTube

IfWinExist

Re: Web Scraping with AutoHotkey & COM Tutorial- GUI syntax writer and demo videos

13 Nov 2016, 12:26

Joe - your tutorial videos are really great! I am having trouble launching your web-scraping script-writer. I launch it and nothing seems to happen, but my other scripts (including my scripts, and AHK Studio Developer) are running fine. I have tried two machines: Windows 10 Home with Autohotkey version 1.1.24.02 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with Autohotkey version 1.1.22.09 . I read through all the posts in this thread, and when I encountered icons that wouldn't load in the script, I commented them out, as suggested for Win 10. What versions of Windows and Autohotkey are you using in your tutorial video? Any other help you can provide would be greatly appreciated !!
IfWinExist

Re: Web Scraping with AutoHotkey & COM Tutorial- GUI syntax writer and demo videos

13 Nov 2016, 13:09

D'oh ! Answered my own question. Of course it does "nothing". It is running in the background. Launch SciTE or other text editor, and then use the background script's shortcuts. Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.
Joe Glines

13 Nov 2016, 16:26

Glad you figured it out

YouTube

Return to “Tutorials (v1)”