Hide the dotted focus border

Put simple Tips and Tricks that are not entire Tutorials in this forum
just me

Hide the dotted focus border

23 Oct 2015, 01:43

Because of this question I tried tmplinshi's function. But it didn't work as I want, so I changed it. This version seems to work and - according to the MSDN - should work for all Windows versions >= Win 2000. I tested on Win 10 only.

As a result of my test you have to call the function once for each GUI control / GUI after it has been shown.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (HideFocusBorder.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

tmplinshi had already noticed some issues caused by the Alt key. On my system WM_UPDATEUISTATE messages with wParam = 0x00030002 (UIS_INITIALIZE | UISF_HIDEACCEL) are sent/posted to the controls. Although wParam does not contain the UISF_HIDEFOCUS flag, it will be cleared when the message is processed. That's why the message handler for WM_UPDATEUISTATE messages is needed.
joedf
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf

Re: Hide the dotted focus border

23 Oct 2015, 17:14

hmm... cool :+1:
Coco-guest

23 Oct 2015, 22:10

AutoIt solution I once found way back. It is somehow more complicated(involves subclassing, etc.) compared to your method.
Exaskryz

09 Dec 2015, 14:19

Just wanted to say that it works on 8.1 and I appreciate you sharing this code. Worked great to hide the border on a Slider control.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”