Does AutoHotKey still operate within Citrix windows?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
cboshdave

Does AutoHotKey still operate within Citrix windows?

24 Jan 2014, 13:25

I have just downloaded AHK and admit that I am a total newb. My main focus for the immediate future though is to use AHK within a Citrix window app. I can make the citrix window start. But it does not seem to accept any more keystrokes at that point.

Code: Select all

Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\pnagent.exe" /CitrixShortcut: (1) /QLaunch "UCITRIX:Epic Hyperspace"
Send username
Conversely, I have made simple Notepad tutorial scripts run. The following works fine.

Code: Select all

IfWinExist Untitled - Notepad
{
    WinActivate
}
else
{
    Run Notepad.exe
    WinWait Untitled - Notepad
    WinActivate
}
	Send Sincerely,{Enter}John Smith
	Send u0857608
return
tank

Re: Does AutoHotKey still operate within Citrix windows?

24 Jan 2014, 13:52

ahk cannot interact with a citrix window. you can automate citrix application if the script itself is also hosted within the citrix session
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Blackholyman

24 Jan 2014, 14:13

Did not read all of this http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/web ... Citrix.txt so aint saying its doable

But there is something about it being programable with COM, NOT saying it Is as i have no way of testing it.
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
Wade Hatler

31 Jul 2014, 17:06

Tank is correct. What you're seeing when you start a Citrix session is the Citrix client - not your application, and it doesn't expose much of anything you can reliably automate from the client. You can try to find things on the screen with ImageSearch, but it's really unreliable because there are too many variables. The best you can hope for is something that more or less works on your workstation, and even then I've found it to be dodgy. You can try to SEND keys or MouseClick on the client, but it's pretty dodgy and not terribly reliable. I've done it before and it works sometimes, but nothing you'd want to do all the time.

I'm currently working on a large AHK application that runs on on the server and that works fine. There are some things that don't work, but not as many as you might think. You have to find a way to publish your script on the server which is difficult if you don't control the server, but once you get it on the server it works mostly just like it does for a local application.
guirec

28 May 2020, 05:23

I have a AHK script that runs on a VM accessed via a Citrix window.
When I close the Citrix window (client window), the script stops. However the VM session is still open, I haven't closed it: reopening the window will display the screen as it was before closing the window.
Is there a away to force the script to run even when the Citrix client window is closed?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”