AutoHotkey detects WheelUp/WheelDown everywhere except in Chrome - solution?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys

AutoHotkey detects WheelUp/WheelDown everywhere except in Chrome - solution?

10 Oct 2018, 01:05

Basically, when I try to scroll up/down in most other applications, WheelUp/WheelDown shows up in Key History, but not in Google Chrome.

I uploaded a video demonstrating this behavior (https://gfycat.com/ClumsyMemorableBudgie). The window on the left is Sublime Text; Chrome is the maximized window in the background.

Now I think I have a rough idea of what's going on.

1. My laptop (Dell XPS 15) has a "precision touchpad", and the 'scrolling' I'm speaking of is me "scrolling" the touchpad (I don't have a mouse but I suspect scrolling with a mouse would be different)
2. Chrome recently added support for precision touchpads; that's the exact time when scrolling in Chrome felt a lot smoother on my machine, and also when this problem behavior surfaced
3. It seems that the problem (to the extent it is one) is the same as the "cannot remap Fn key" problem - namely, it's a special hardware thing, that is handled in a special way and so is not visible to AutoHotkey. In other words, there may not be a solution

Is that right? Partly I'm just curious. Has this problem been discussed before? How come Chrome can recognize the touchpad scrolling but ahk cannot? Is there a way to make it detectable by ahk? Is there a way to force touchpad to scroll in the old-fashioned way that generates Wheel events?
JMPSequeira

Re: AutoHotkey detects WheelUp/WheelDown everywhere except in Chrome - solution?

21 Sep 2022, 04:50

I found the exact same problem with my touchpad. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”