Automatically create link when including an AHK docs topic in forum post

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
WeThotUWasAToad

Automatically create link when including an AHK docs topic in forum post

18 Oct 2018, 22:23

Hello,

It seems like in past AutoHotkey forum threads, a link would automatically be created when a topic from the docs was included in a forum post. For example, if WinActive() was included, it automatically appeared as a link to:

https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/WinActive.htm.

Am I right about that or was I hallucinating? Is there a forum setting that will cause that to occur so the docs URL does not have to be retrieved and attached manually (ie by using the <url=http://url>URL text</url> format)?

Thanks
A ------------------------------ [A LOT OF SPACE] ------------------------------ LOT

"ALOT" is not a word. It never has been a word and it never will be a word.
"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.
SL5

Re: Automatically create link when including an AHK docs topic in forum post

18 Oct 2018, 22:40

interesting some a feature.

i think something is good a client side. for e.g. with a autohotkey script.
some comands have noe own URL. so its not so eady to match comands.
we need first a matching array. proably parse the docs first. or weekly or so. then generate such a script from it.
interesting idea.
gregster

Re: Automatically create link when including an AHK docs topic in forum post

18 Oct 2018, 23:17

Automatic links to the docs are (usually) only generated in code boxes... which is currently broken :( .

To create such links in normal text, use the [docs] and [/docs] tags, for example:

[docs] WinExist()[/docs] <--- creates the link WinExist(), if you remove the space before WinExist(); it won't work with directives, afaik, but you could still use [url] tags for them.

You can also find a button to insert these tags, if you use "Full Editor and Preview" view for your posts.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”