Xbox One Controller not recognized?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Syrup

Xbox One Controller not recognized?

13 Nov 2018, 12:07

I want to make a simple script so that when I press the A button on my xbox one controller, shortly after another button will be pressed as well. I tried setting up a simple script with the Joy## commands, and while I get no errors launching the script, it also does nothing either. I tried using the keypresser thingie to try and figure a solution, and I noticed that no inputs are registered from my controller (I also tried using keyboard inputs to see if the script was working correctly with keyboard, and it was). So it seems like my controller is simply not recognized by ahk.

I then tried using a more complex script, UCR I think it was called, which had a ton of controller options. That script did manage to read my controller's inputs, but I couldn't find any way to configure it to do what I want it to do.

I cannot bypass the problem by binding controller inputs to keyboard keys using a different software, because while that would "kinda" work, it is unfortunately not compatible with the game I'm running (long story short, the game stutters whenever it receives inputs from different sources, such as a keyboard input after a controller input, or viceversa).

So I need a simple script to do that, but the main problem seems that the controller is not recognized. I googled plenty enough, and it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. I use Windows 10, the drivers are updated, and the controllerID is 1.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”