[Solved] MouseMove: Speed is NOT ignored for SendInput mode

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
bichlepa

[Solved] MouseMove: Speed is NOT ignored for SendInput mode

30 May 2021, 13:44

[Moderator's note: Topic moved from Bug Reports.]

The AHK help seems wrong, when it says "Speed is ignored for SendInput/Play modes". SendInput mode seems to consider the speed option.

At least, this code moves the mouse smoothly:

Code: Select all

sendmode, input
mousemove, 100, 100, 40
Last edited by bichlepa on 30 May 2021, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
gregster

Re: MouseMove: Speed is NOT ignored for SendInput mode

30 May 2021, 13:55

Are you sure that sendmode didn't revert to SendEvent on your system ?
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm#SendInputDetail wrote:If a script other than the one executing SendInput has a low-level keyboard hook installed, SendInput automatically reverts to SendEvent (or SendPlay if SendMode InputThenPlay is in effect). This is done because the presence of an external hook disables all of SendInput's advantages, making it inferior to both SendPlay and SendEvent. However, since SendInput is unable to detect a low-level hook in programs other than [AutoHotkey v1.0.43+], it will not revert in these cases, making it less reliable than SendPlay/Event.
bichlepa

Re: MouseMove: Speed is NOT ignored for SendInput mode

30 May 2021, 14:04

You are absolutely right! Thanks for the quick answer. I had an other AHK script running which had mouse hook enabled. :oops:

Now I found that the fallback behaviour is documented in the AHK help. The AHK help is really great! I should have read it more carefully.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”