pre-install question

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Tupper

pre-install question

18 Apr 2024, 14:21

Hi
Before I go further with AHK I would like to know if it can do what I want.
There is software for my guitar amplifier that runs in windows but it is too cumbersome to work mouse while playing.
I want to be able to create a sort of footswitch on the screen that will activate the mouse driven rotating knobs in the amp software (that mainly control levels for volume, effects etc). Can AHK create a window with boxes that can be increased or decreased by hotkeys that can be linked to these knobs?
I have done programming in the past including javascript.
Hope I have explained this adequately, thanks for any info!
boiler

Re: pre-install question

18 Apr 2024, 14:45

Typically, yes, that can be done, depending on the target software. In any case, AHK is usually going to be the easiest way to accomplish that kind of script because it's built to interface with an application's windows.
Tupper

19 Apr 2024, 11:49

Can anyone suggest an existing script that does some of these actions that I can look at ?
neogna2

20 Apr 2024, 05:39

Tupper wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 11:49
Can anyone suggest an existing script that does some of these actions that I can look at ?
Easiest case would be if the footswitch sends a keyboard key and the amp software either has configurable hotkeys for the volume knob or the knob is a control that ControlSend recognizes.
It could then be as short as something like this

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2
;assuming the footswitch sends 'k' when pressed and assuming mouse wheel up adjusts the knob
k:: ControlSend("{WheelUp}", "Knob Control Class", "Amp App Windows")
More complex cases may need to interact also with some custom footswitch software and use the UIA library to control the knob, which can take a while to learn to use.

Return to “General Discussion”