Activate window when scrolling on touchpad (windows precision touchpad protocol)?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
badbob001

Activate window when scrolling on touchpad (windows precision touchpad protocol)?

31 Mar 2024, 13:00

Is there a way to activate the window under the mouse cursor when scrolling? To complicate things, I don't mean wheelup/down like a mouse wheel but with a trackpad. I'm using an apple magic trackpad on win10 via these drivers (https://github.com/imbushuo/mac-precision-touchpad), which uses the windows precision touchpad protocol.

I know there is an accessibility option to activate window upon hover, but I don't want that. For example, if I'm typing in one window and accidentally move the mouse over another window, I don't want my typing focus to suddenly be on the new window unless I do something specific to the new window like click it or scroll over it.

An app named 'x-mouse button control' does have this feature to active only when scrolling but it doesn't work with the touchpad, which may be due to the windows precision touchpad protocol.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”