Help my text has unwanted quotes in game (Ark) Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions
jhuked

Help my text has unwanted quotes in game (Ark)

04 Apr 2024, 17:14

Hello, I am trying to make command line shortcuts for the game ark. To open the command interface you have to hit the ` key. In the command line you type your text then hit enter. I can get my script to work in a text document. In game however it opens the command line and enters text, but with the " or ' showing. here is my script.

Code: Select all

^Numpad7:: ; modifier plus key of your choice.
{
	Send '``' ; sends the ` keystroke to open command line in game.
	Send 'Your text here' ; sends whatever text you want.
	send '`n' ; sends the enter keystroke.
}
In a text document I get what I need, the ` pops up showing it worked, then I get a clean Your text here and the cursor moves down a line showing the enter key worked.

In game the command line opens as intended, but I get the closing ' and then 'Your text here' the enter keystroke works as intended.

I have tried SendInput it doesn't seem to like that, and SendText works in my test text document, but won't let me compile it to see on other computers. I don't have the game my wife dose, but I am making this script for her friend and I need to send it compiled to her.

[Mod edit: Added [code][/code] tags. Please use them yourself when posting code.]
RussF

Re: Help my text has unwanted quotes in game (Ark)  Topic is solved

05 Apr 2024, 06:10

It sounds like you are running the test version in AHK V2, but compiling it with AHK V1. V1 would send the literal quote characters.

Russ
jhuked

Re: Help my text has unwanted quotes in game (Ark)

05 Apr 2024, 11:41

Thank you very much that was it. I wasn't testing the compiled file on my computer, because I thought it was the same as my script. When I did test it on my computer it too had the quotes. fied default setting in compiler and now it works as intended.

Return to “Gaming”