EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.64 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

24 Apr 2016, 23:04

hmm, didn't see this til now, but not that i know of
working fine for me now at least, four days later :)

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.64
EitherMouse.exe v0.64
http://www.EitherMouse.com
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
hoppfrosch

24 Apr 2016, 23:59

I can confirm: It was down a few days again lately (I noticed by automated link checking via Travis CI when commiting to https://github.com/ahkscript/awesome-AutoHotkey) - and now its available again
gwarble

29 Apr 2016, 13:36

Yeah I saw that in the logs... not sure what happened there but it was probably user error (me being the user)
Seems to be up consistently since then
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

17 Jun 2016, 13:27

When I want to download or open the EitherMouse's website, Avast antivirus shows a warning about a malware and won't allows me to open the website:

screenshot:

http://uploadpie.com/FEdOW
gwarble

17 Jun 2016, 15:31

I believe it to be a false positive, last i checked there was no malware and never has been (i will reconfirm this evening)

I'd recommend:
- changing antivirus software to something that allows you to override when they make a mistake
- reporting the issue to them (i gave up doing this myself after never getting much success, especially with avast)
- trying the download directly: http://www.eithermouse.com/EitherMouse%20Setup.exe

Fyi: i cant see your screenshot

18 Jun 2016, 06:29

gwarble wrote:I believe it to be a false positive, last i checked there was no malware and never has been (i will reconfirm this evening)

I'd recommend:
- changing antivirus software to something that allows you to override when they make a mistake
- reporting the issue to them (i gave up doing this myself after never getting much success, especially with avast)
- trying the download directly: http://www.eithermouse.com/EitherMouse%20Setup.exe

Fyi: i cant see your screenshot
Thank u for your response.
Ok , I upload your link to another website and then leeched it from there. The malware detection is from your website (http://www.eithermouse.com) an not the file (EitherMouse%20Setup.exe).

----------------------

And now my problem is when I enable multi-cursur in the options, The two mice cursurs wont work at the same time.
Whould u please fix this problem in upcoming release?
gwarble

24 Jun 2016, 19:01

Guest wrote:Thank u for your response.
Ok , I upload your link to another website and then leeched it from there. The malware detection is from your website (http://www.eithermouse.com) an not the file (EitherMouse%20Setup.exe).
No problem, don't know why its being flagged as such, no malware to be found on my end, but this is a common problem with ahk software (still!)
Guest wrote:And now my problem is when I enable multi-cursur in the options, The two mice cursurs wont work at the same time.
Whould u please fix this problem in upcoming release?
Thats not what multi-cursor (or EitherMouse) is for... by design of windows it won't really be useful with the way active windows and focus are designed... there is lots of talk in the thread from the old forum (linked in the first post in this thread) in case you care to read about it

What Multi-cursor does is keep a visual and located placeholder for the other mouse, such that switching back and forth keeps you from having to traverse back to the old position

- Joel

New version uploaded with a small bug fix thanks to a user's email today, i haven't updated the automatic notification yet (as I will try to make that optional in the next revision). Anyone else have any bugs/suggestions/requests at this time while i'm looking at the code?

v0.641 available now:

25 Jun 2016, 06:59

gwarble wrote:
Thats not what multi-cursor (or EitherMouse) is for... by design of windows it won't really be useful with the way active windows and focus are designed... there is lots of talk in the thread from the old forum (linked in the first post in this thread) in case you care to read about it

What Multi-cursor does is keep a visual and located placeholder for the other mouse, such that switching back and forth keeps you from having to traverse back to the old position

So do u know any other app that provide multi-mouse option?
Bcuz multi-cursor option without multi-mouse, is a useless option, IMO. (Its for lazy or maybe dismember people :crazy: )
menasheh

09 Jul 2016, 22:09

Can you support multiple keyboards too?
arglebargle12345

01 Aug 2016, 12:47

Hey there, I have an interesting (or annoying, depending on how you look at it) problem with my second mouse. I'm using an MS touch mouse (this one here: https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-3KJ-00 ... B004HYGU18) and it seems like the scroll function and possibly some gestures are treated as a third mouse. This is causing eithermouse to rapidly switch between mouse2 and mouse3. I'm unable to configure mouse3 to match mouse2's LH button swap and other features because eithermouse auto detects mouse2 and switches to that profile when I move to the control panel to do this. As a result things aren't working so well, half of my primary mouse button clicks on mouse2 end up as right clicks because I'm in the wrong state due to using the scroll wheel.

Tl;dr: Where can I hand edit the mouse definitions? Microsoft has done something interesting in their software and it's causing some pain.
gwarble

01 Aug 2016, 14:06

menasheh: not with EitherMouse... i started work on a keyboard equivalent but its a long way off, sorry (have to hook the keyboard input, blocking it, and then send it through selectively... a little more than whats needed for mice)

arglebargle: interesting... i haven't run across that yet and you're right, the way EitherMouse uses the active mouse for the settings being changed won't handle this situation (a good reason for the master settings page i've been planning to add for a couple years and haven't gotten around to yet)

to manually/hand edit the settings, you will have to edit the registry... go to HKCU\Software\EitherMouse\ and you will likely see "Mouse1", "Mouse2", and "Mouse3" folders. Inside each are settings like Button, Cursor, etc that toggle between 0 (off) and 1 (on) as well as some like "Double" and "Speed" that contain an appropriate value (ie 500 and 10 respectively by default) that you can set manually for that Mouse3 that you can't actually use

Hope that helps, I'll try to address this shortcoming in the next version
Thanks
- Joel
arglebargle12345

01 Aug 2016, 22:27

Awesome, just cloned the important settings from mouse2 into mouse3's profile and everything works perfectly. Thanks a lot!
gwarble

02 Aug 2016, 19:01

great! you're welcome...
evilC

06 Aug 2016, 17:51

Many thanks for posting the source code for this Gwarble, I was requested to add multiple mouse functionality to UCR and a very quick dig through your code showed me how to extract the mouse ID from lParam using GetRawInputData.
It seems that it would be rather easy to adapt my mouse to joystick plugin to only take input from a specific mouse :)
evilC

08 Aug 2016, 15:20

Oh, and another win that came from examining your source. It appears that if you send mouse movement with a mouse_event DLL call, then the device ID is 0.
Thus, you can differentiate between real and fake mouse movement :) This was a real boon for my RollMouse app which can make a mouse behave like a trackball (Pick the mouse up mid movement to "spin" the ball, put the mouse back down to stop the spin).
Previously, when I detected the flick motion, I would have to turn off rawinput detection of the mouse, send mouse movement with mouse_event, then turn back on rawinput so that I had a chance of detecting the user place the mouse back on the mat - and all this had to be repeated many times a second. I was amazed I ever got it to work...
So now, I can easily distinguish movement that I sent (Mouse ID is 0), so this made my code hugely more efficient and reliable. A huge THANKYOU once again.

I need to do some testing methinks with TeamViewer etc. I bet teamviewer mouse moves will have a specific ID (Probably 0) - I have long been thinking of trying to write something that lets both people in a remote session have their own mouse pointer...
gwarble

08 Aug 2016, 20:05

sweet, glad its proving useful
i've had to include the ability for device ID 0 to exist in EitherMouse because some people's devices also register as 0 handle for some reason, i assume as a fault of the way their driver processes the hardware input and sometimes it ends up going out in a more "software-ish" way, hence no raw device id

i'll have to try out your app, looks useful
- joel
gwarble

09 Aug 2016, 10:43

not very common at all, usually for some auxiliary function like horizontal scroll or something

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”